Recently

16 January 2016

Love Spell Massage Bar



Sometimes I wonder just how much I would cope if I lived too far away to visit Lush's Oxford Street flagship store on a regular basis. Even the forty minutes it takes to get to the store from my house can sometimes leave me feeling anxious, especially if I know there's an exclusive product waiting for me on the other side. 

When the Valentine's Day range leaked on Instagram, I was obviously most interested in the brand new releases - Lover Lamp, Roses All The Way and Love Spell. On discovering that the latter was only going to be sold in Oxford Street, I was relieved to know that I would easily be able to grab a few for myself. 

To begin with, I was really impressed with the design. Although simple, the shade of baby pink combined with the little raised hearts on the surface, gave it a rather lovely feel about it. It just looks like the sort of product you can buy a loved one, partner or not, and it's definitely in keeping with the theme of the season.

Surprisingly, I don't believe that the ingredients list reflects what this massage bar smells like at all. You can definitely make out a faint but rather beautiful rose aroma, which is both sweet and slightly cloudy - thanks to the inclusion of the carnation absolute which I think gives it an almost 'hazy' aroma. However, it is the neroli and lemon myrtle oil that makes the biggest impression for me. 
An initial sniff reveals a really gentle citrus aroma - one that does throwback a little to Baked Alaska Soap. Don't get me wrong, this bar is not anywhere near as zesty as the seasonal soap, but it does have that crisp lemon aspect that stands out as soon as you get a whiff of the fragrance.

What I think will be a 'make or break' for Lush fans when it comes to Love Spell, is that the scent is quite a dampened one. While something like From Dusk 'Til Dawn will slither up your nose as soon as you come into contact with it, this one is a lot more reserved, and I can see some people being rather disappointed with how gentle the smell is both before and after application.

As with all of Lush's massage bars, you can use it as an actual massage bar and get somebody to give you the indulgence of a lifetime. Or, as I tend to do, you can massage it across your skin and give your body a really deep moisturising session. 

Applying it straight onto the skin will stimulate the various butters and oils, and the heat of your body will help to melt the bar down, making it easy to glide over the skin. You can choose to use the flat side or the uneven surface - the latter allowing you to put a little extra pressure on any areas that may be sore or tender from exercise.  

What is good about this bar is that it's not one that will melt on immediate impact with your skin, so you can hold it in your hands and not worry that you'll lose half of it while using the bar. Furthermore, this stubbornness from Love Spell means that you can reuse this many times - easily getting a good 5-6 full body sessions from one bar. 

Once applied, the oils and butters begin to get absorbed into the skin, and I was surprised to find that this takes quite a long time. In fact, I applied this after a bath and found that I could still feel remnants of it some five hours later. This is a product that you need to allow time for the skin to indulge in, because once it has been given an opportunity to work its magic, your skin is left beautiful - both silky-soft and vibrant. It instantly improved the condition of my skin and gave it a toned but supple texture that was rather wonderful. 

The scent does remain on the skin for as long as it takes the butters to melt, and perhaps the fact that it's a subtle fragrance works to its advantage because of this. You could easily spritz some perfume on yourself after using this, and you won't have to worry about it overpowering any other smells. However, as I said above, this is not a product you should use if you want a quick application before heading out the door.

Overall, this massage bar is a great new addition to the Lush family. It's not my favourite by any means, but its gentle aroma and just how effective it is in giving your skin a new lease of life, is enough to convince me that its one I will use quite regularly until it's discontinued. I am very excited to make this my winter companion for the upcoming winter months - to not only banish that parched skin feeling I get when the weather drops, but to give me a gentle lift after a long, hard day at work. Thank you Lush. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Perfume, Organic Jojoba Oil, Rose Hip Syrup, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Carnation Absolute, Neroli Oil, Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil, Fresh Rose Petals, Benzyl Salicylate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Citral, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool, Amyl Cinnamon, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Fandango Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 15850:1, Colour 45410:1)

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2016.

13 comments

  1. YES everything I was hoping to see in Review love scent profile and your Description has made me see this is a MUST HAVE for sure..HUBS IS LOOKING FORWARD TO TRY AS WELL... 5 STAR REVIEW AND LOVING NEW SITE SO EASY TO FIND EVERYTHING Have a wonderful Sunday!!!
    @mrs.jenisegroff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so glad you enjoyed my review and I hope it leads you into buying multiple versions of this to love and cherish. i'm also glad you love my New website design – I receive such positive feedback and it really made me feel great about the change!

      Delete
  2. Been wanting to try a massage bar for ages! You've now convinced me to get this one xx

    http://abbyjoannexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a great massage bar to start with as it is highly moisturising but at the same time percent isn't so strong that it will put you off trying other ones in the future. Let me know how you get on and I hope your first experience is as fantastic as it should be.

      Delete
  3. has your husband disappointed you? maybe what he promise not to do to you, he even swear not to do it because it will hurt your feelings and love, has he? my experience thought me a tangible lesson. i was hopeless, i was helpless, in fact, if i was told I'll live with my husband peaceful even again I'll doubt it. but thanks to mother sunlight that turns everything around to my goodness and happiness. she brought the lost happiness and raise the dead love back to life again i worship you mother of the world. she is, SUNLIGHT a priestess, a goddess, a prophetess the ONE and the only daughter of jai mata durga...contact for your problems she is there to help you via sunlightmata@gmail.com your restoration is next.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I just want to give a quick advise to any one out there that is having difficulty in his or her relationship to contact Dr.Agbazara because he is the only one that is capable to bring back broken relationship or broken marriages within time limit of 48 hours. You can contact Dr.Agbazara by calling him on his mobile 2348104102662 or write him through his email at ( agbazara@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary jane’’
    I don’t know why men are such stupid in making fake promises they cannot keep while having sex with a woman. I don’t like to say this but, I feel so disappointed with the man I love when he told me it was over between us after all we’ve been through for 5 good years.. we both promise to get married but after some time he started cheating on me why I remain faithful with him. I am carrying his pregnancy and because of that he still want to make love to me as normal when I was not pregnant. And when I refuse he started going out. Quarrel started he no longer look at me as his wife. everytime he come home drunk, and he demand for sex too much.i can believe this is the man that made me thousands of promises...he do tell me I am ugly, I am black, look at me? Damn I am so irritating.. I have cried but tears did not solve anything. I want to thank God for bringing a goddess, a priestess , a prophetess, the one and the only daughter of jai mata durga’’ jai Sunlight'' to restore my already broken marriage. She is indeed the mother of love call her amma because, she acted like a mother to me..she is so compassionate, and truthful, everything she told me was absolute. Readers? You will like this.. when she said, a man who claim to know much, knows nothing…but he that is short for words is wise. That was almost close to my husband demeanor. And because of that, I fear her because she is too real..readers this is your opportunity you have been looking for.. if you are havimg problems in your marriage, relationship, feel free to contact mothher for help…via Sunlightmata@gmail.com to get your home restored and be the next testifier. Thanks to you sunlight mother of the universe. Yours janny…

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if you have any more of these bars, but have you tried is specifically on your tattoos?? I have never used anything as brightening on my tattoos as this massage bar! I know there is the tattoo bar that lush now sells, but this bar exceeds the results of any other lush products! And I have tried them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello to everyone on this forum,I'm Ana smith and i would love to share my testimony with you guys but before i start i want to say that i never believed in Spells or Magics but out of desperation i had to gave it a try.I want you all to understand that there is no problem without solution. You have to sometime give a chance to what other think is not real and see what happen at the end.I was crushed when my lover of three years left for another woman. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help. And i saw a testimony of how a spell caster helped a girl called Bryget Mager, How Priest pablo saved her from shame and i said let me give it a try, so i contact him for help and he cast a love spell for me which i use in getting my love back and now i am a happy woman.For what you have done for me,i will not stop sharing your goodness to people out there, for the good work you are doing. I pray God blesses you as much as you have help me to get my Love back,contact Priest pablo on email; spellcaster7890@gmail.com OR text and call him on +2349051226664.he is the answer to all your problems. Thanks a lot for making out time to read my testimony and i pray it becomes a blessing to your life,do have a lovely day.Also solve all kind of problem in spiritual ways

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello world Am blessing by name and am from the united state of america am here to testify in the name of this great man who has brought back happiness into my family after my lover Perry left me for good 3 years for another woman,i really loved Perry because he was my first love i tried everything within my power to get Perry back to my life but people i meant just kept on scamming me and lying to me,Then normally on Saturdays i do go out to make my hair and get some stuff,Then i had people discussing at the saloon, if they do listen to there radio well,That there is the program (how i got back my ex)And started talking much about Dr Aluya how this man has helped A lots of people in bringing back there lovers,So immediately i went close to those ladies i meant at the saloon and i explained things to them they said i should try and contact Dr Aluya that he has been the talk of the town and people are really contacting him for help immediately i searched on the internet and read great things about Dr Aluya i now got all Dr Aluya contact instantly at the saloon i gave Dr Aluya a call and i shared my problem with him he just told me not to worry that i should just be happy,He then told me to send him some few details which i did,And then he got back to me that everything would be okay within 24 hours i was so happy then Dr Aluya did his work and he did not fail me,My lover Perry came to me in tears and apologized to me for leaving me in deep pain for good 3years,So he decided to prove that he will never leave me for any reason, he made me have access to his account and made me his next of kin on all his will,Now the most perfect thing is that he can't spend a minute without seeing me or calling me,Am so grateful to dr Aluya for bringing back the happiness which i lack for years,Please contact dr Aluya for help, he his a trustworthy man email him now on his email address DR.Aluyasolutiontemple@yahoo.com or call his Number +2347064851317 you can also whatsapp him with the same number,God bless you sir for the great work well done in my life......

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not happy until i met Dr.Agbazara through these details +2348104102662 OR agbazara@gmail.com because my husband has left me and never had the intention of coming back home. But just within 48 hours that i contacted Dr. Agbazara my marriage changed to the positive side, At first my husband came back home and since then my marriage has been more peaceful and romantic than ever before

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you need any kind of help please do reach Dr Ogudugu on his website: www.greatdrogudugusolutiontemple.webs.com

    ReplyDelete


UP