Recently

14 January 2016

Roses All The Way Soap



Those who read this blog regularly will know that although I always give every single one of Lush's soaps a fair chance, there are few that make an impression enough to be awarded full marks, and most fall short of what a shower gel does to my skin in terms of moisture and conditioning.

This is definitely not a reflection on the products by any means - more on how my skin works, the expectations I have in the shower and the sort of skin care I know I need to use to ensure my skin is nourished, bright and in the best possible condition.

When it comes to Roses All The Way, I was expecting it to be another soap that passes me by fairly quickly; awarded an average rating for having an interesting design and good scent, but falling short when it came to how effective it was in the shower. I'm often wrong when it comes to my preconceptions of Lush products it seems, and I was about to discover just how wrong I was, yet again.

Inspired by the classic tale of Alice In Wonderland - more specifically the infamous Queen of Hearts and her badly treated playing card serfs, who are ordered to 'paint the roses red' and threatened with a beheading if not done correctly, this soap is a dream, and for many reasons.

Firstly, the design is incredibly interesting and rather beautiful to look at. Not only is it perfectly fitting for the season it's been produced for, it also makes the perfect present for soap and cosmetic fans alike - who wouldn't want a heart-shaped bar of soap to enjoy in the shower, with or without company? To say it looks stunning in my soap dish is an understatement. Not only this but the size and shape of the soap is perfect to clean yourself with - I found I could grip this a lot of easier than a regular block, and this meant less slippery escapes to contend with, which was appreciated.

What is great about Roses All The Way is that it epitomises the story of Alice perfectly, perhaps without some fans even realising how much attention to detail Lush have put into make it so. The front of the soap is 'painted' with a beautiful shade of salmon pink colour, while the back remains white - a statement from the company to show that their roses really have been painted from white to red.

When it comes to scent, this is quite a light soap. Made from a combination of rose syrup and talc rose oil, the fragrance of this is quite a gentle, slightly powdery rose aroma. As others have stated online, this definitely has a very similar scent to the face mask, Rosy Cheeks - although I think it has an extra dash of citrus, an almost lemony note that sets it apart from the mask a little.

What I will say is that it's a very wonderful smell - the rose giving it a sweet but natural 'chalky' rose aroma that is robust enough to hold its own in the shower, but one that never really strengthens when in contact with heat. This latter statement is a compliment as I sometimes find that when scents are intensified under the running water, it can often change the dynamics of a product and make it less appealing.

In the shower, this soap was really easy to lather up, and produced a thick, creamy lather that was easy to spread and massage across the skin. I was amazed by how much foam I managed to generate with a few strokes across my arms, yet the bar itself did very little in the way of shrinking during the experience.

Once rinsed away, the soap didn't leave my skin as moisturised as most of the shower gels would. However, it did leave it noticeably smooth and soft, and I felt it looked almost radiant and clear - very much like if I'd used one of my favourite scrubs on the area. The fragrance did leave a slight impression on the skin, but not enough that I would be able to leave the house without spraying myself with perfume beforehand.

Overall, this soap is gorgeous - it's light enough to appeal to those who dislike strong floral aromas, yet interesting enough that rose fans will appreciate something a little different from their usual Rose Jam. I will definitely be buying a couple of these before they're discontinued, and if anything, it's just convinced me to buy another tub of the face mask to indulge myself in the aroma a little further.

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Fresh Rose Petal Infusion, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sorbitol, Kaolin, Water, Sodium Stearate, Rose Syrup, Talc, Rose Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Lilial, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £4.25 for 100g.

Year Of Original Release: 2016. 

Scent Family:
Love You, Love You Lots Soap
Roses All The Way Soap


3 comments

  1. I totally agree with you, this soap is wonderful! One of the best!

    And the new design of your blog looks cool, I like it! It's clearer now and doesn't look so overloaded anymore. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No synthetic fragrance/perfume! I hope this is the direction that this company is heading, I've noticed more and more newer products with just the essential oils listed as the fragrance components ! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete


UP