Recently

10 October 2015

Christingle Body Conditioner


Whether it's a tactical ploy from Lush or the fact that my tastebuds are changing and I'm beginning to show more of an interest in certain sections of the Lush range, but I've noticed a huge shift in the emphasis for skincare this year - both in the choices they've made with regards to the Kitchen releases and the vast catalogue of new products that have become available through the flagship store over the recent months. 

Christingle Body Conditioner was one of the first products that caught my eye when the Christmas collection initially leaked - not only because it was unique and the first of its kind in regards to what it claimed it could do, but because it sounded like the perfect product for my rather battered body parts that have been put through their paces at the gym recently. 

Containing jojoba oil and murumuru butter, this conditioner is incredibly moisturising, so much so that you need very little with each use. I can see this lasting a lot longer than some of Lush's other body conditioners, and at £16.50 for a 225g pot, this is to be expected. 
With peppermint and menthol crystals to awaken and stimulate the body, Christingle is very different from all of the other body conditioners - a product that not only nourishes your skin and leaves it feeling supple and plumper, but one that leaves a tingling sensation that stays with you both during and after the shower. This tingling is definitely a lot stronger than the likes of Freeze Shower Gel and 93,000 Miles Shower Jelly - a product that is great to use either as a wake up call before work, or as something to cool down the body after a strenuous session at the gym.  

This body conditioner is a powerhouse of moisture and smell; a product you have to smell for yourself to appreciate the wonders of its simplistic but potent fragrance. It's unlike anything that I've tried from Lush before - a strong, crisp and very refreshing spearmint and peppermint aroma with a note of menthol that gives it a slightly clinical element as well. Unlike Salt And Peppermint Bark Scrub, this one isn't particularly creamy or sweet - it's straightforward mint for those who enjoy more simplistic scents.

It's a perfect companion to have in the shower when your skin is looking for that special something to repair itself with. To use, simply lather it all over your body just before you plan on exiting the shower. I found it easier and more effective to step away from the flow of the water to do this - applying the lotion without getting water in the pot and also giving me time to massage it into my skin without it being washed away too quickly. Then rinse the lotion off and pat your body down as per normal. 

What I find with all body conditioners is that they leave your skin feeling fairly greasy when you step outside the shower. For this reason, you need to pat yourself down carefully and leave Christingle to permeate the skin before dressing. It took a good 5-10 minutes after I had dried myself off before the oils had been fully absorbed into the body, and this is when I noticed how amazing my skin felt, looked and smelled.

It took me a few attempts to get the right balance for this, but once I did, I was amazed and incredibly grateful that I stuck it out. It leaves your skin smelling gorgeous and feeling wonderfully supple and re-energised, and really helps to eradicate those stubborn dry skin areas. I think this is a great product and I will definitely be buying a few more tubs - if only to store them until the summer months and cooling myself down with these beauties. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Glycerine, Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrosopermum parkii), Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Menthol Crystals, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Cassia Oil (Cinnnamomum Cassia), Lilial, Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £16.50 for 225g.
2017 Price: £13.95 for 225g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
Christingle Body Conditioner
Christingle Naked Body Conditioner
Eskimo Bubble Bar

6 comments

  1. I had a look at this yesterday when I popped into my local Lush, and I have mixed feelings on it now... I was super excited for its release, but the price just makes my brain hurt. :P I gave it a sniff in store and I didn't find it was that minty, but maybe that was just due to how long the tester pot had been open for...

    I would love to give this a go however, and I really regret not grabbing a sample! I can see me picking this up in the sales, maybe one or two tubs at that to last me over the summer. :)

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one smells overwhelmingly of toothpaste to me, but I had it demo'd on me in store and it felt really nice. I have a sample to try out and ope that I grow to enjoy the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved this and when i went back to buy more they were completely sold out and wernt going to get any more in :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. have you ever used this as a lotions on dry skin, ive heard that alot of people have done this but im not sure if i should try that or not when i get one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used it as a lotion, my sking is súper dry so this conditioner is fantastic. Your skin has to be a little wet to absorb the product.

      Delete
    2. i wish they made a christingle shower gel and massage bar!

      Delete


UP