Recently

9 November 2017

Christingle Naked Body Conditioner



I felt a little sad when I reached for my next naked Body Conditioner and realised that I was down to my last one. While each and every variation has yet to live up to its liquid sibling, I have enjoyed the process of using something that I know is the beginning of the future, in regards to its self-preservation and lack of packaging. These small, colourful blocks may look like something a child has made out of play-doh, but the ethics and concept behind such a move is a pinnacle moment for the future of sustainability. 

In all fairness, I normally save the best to last, just because I like to enjoy the most exciting part of a meal at the end. However, with Christingle Naked Body Conditioner, I actually held off from using it out of fear of how freezing I would feel after using this when the weather is so bitterly cold.

Sharing its scent with both the potted Conditioner and Eskimo Bubble Bar, Christingle has multiple purposes. Firstly, it’s main job is to moisturise and nourish the skin whilst you’re in the shower, in replacement of using a body lotion afterwards. As the product is exposed to the warm temperature of the water, the Conditioner not only melts quickly - making it easier to massage across the body, but the steam also opens up the pores, which encourages more butters to be absorbed. This gives the user a much more intense moisturising session, that lasts far longer than a body lotion would. 

When it comes to Christingle, I could definitely recognise these oils and butters at work. My skin felt instantly revitalised; supple and smooth during and after the Shower; and it came with a radiant glow that stayed with me the whole day. In fact, my partner actually commented on how shiny my legs looked after using this, and I noticed a vast improvement in the condition of my skin after a couple of days. 

What sets Christingle apart from the other body conditioners is that it actually contains menthol crystals as well. This means that one the Body Conditioner has had a few minutes to settle and absorb into the skin, you begin to experience a cooling sensation that continues even after you’ve patted yourself down. While the liquid version was incredibly powerful, and I found myself shivering near on every time I used this in my showers, the naked edition wasn’t as potent. Although I would probably normally see this as a negative trait, I actually preferred the less intense cooling effect that this product offered. 

Much like above, I found the combination of peppermint and spearmint to be a little less intense on the senses as well. While you could still smell the distinctive ‘Christingle’ aroma from the start, and more so in the shower, l really appreciated that it wasn’t as strong as it’s liquid sibling. For this reason, you can enjoy all of the refreshing benefits that Christingle has on offer, but just at a much more tolerable level. 


As with all of the naked and regular body conditioners, I often use these in replacement of a shaving cream. And just like all of the variations I have tried so far, this one was equally as good at offering me a very close shave. The inclusion of the various oils and butters in these conditioners means that the skin is far more supple, meaning that you’re much less likely to cut yourself with your razor. Moreover, you’ll be left with smooth, shiny legs to boot, that won’t need any body lotion applied afterwards (that may irritate the freshly-exposed pores.)

I found that Christingle worked far better in the shower, although I was able to use the product in both environments. Your pores are usually open, when exposed to the hot water of the shower, but they’re not saturated with water, like they would be in a bath. Therefore, the Body Conditioner was easier to massage across the skin, when I wasn’t sitting in water, and I found that more of the product melted onto my skin this way.

Once I had applied the Conditioner, I stepped out of the shower and patted myself down with a towel. This allowed the various butters to continue working on the skin for the next hour, and it kept me feeling cool and refreshed as well. While the scent of this dispersed within the first twenty minutes of exiting the shower, the effects of the menthol kept my body temperature down for a good while afterwards, which is why this would be perfect for the warmer weather.

My only gripe with this, as is with every one of Lush’s naked conditioners, is that it’s far too easy to use the product up within a handful of goes. If like me you enjoy scorching showers, it’d be a good idea to step well away from the water before applying this. Furthermore, I certainly wouldn’t expose it to any water aside from the dampness of your skin. This will help extend its shelf life and make it as good value as its older sibling.

Overall, Christingle has many merits that outweigh the original version, and this would suggest that it’s the best Naked version I have yet to try. Not only will it leave you moisturised and feeling super refreshed, but it’ll make you feel good to know that you’ve done your bit for the environment at the same time. I will definitely be buying another one or two of these before the season is out.

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) ,Water (Aqua), Murumuru Butter (Astrocaryum Murumuru), Fair Trade Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Japan Wax (Rhus succedanea), Carnauba Wax (Copernicia Cerifera), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Spearmint Oil (Mentha spicata), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Cassia Oil (Cinnnamomum Cassia) (Cinnamomum Cassia Oil), Menthol Crystals, Lauryl Betaine, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, *Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, *Limonene, *Linalool, Fragrance Blue 1.  

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £5

Year Of Original Release: 2017.

Scent Family:
Christingle Body Conditioner
Christingle Naked Body Conditioner

Eskimo Bubble Bar



1 comment


UP