Recently

29 June 2015

I Am A Radiant Being Bath Oil



It's no surprise that this was one of the first bath melts that I naturally gravitated towards on my initial visit to the Oxford Street store. Carved from a bright pink mould and presented in the shape of a miniature star, this bath oil appealed to the child within and I couldn't help but scoop up a handful to bring home with me. 

I Am A Radiant Being is a great mantra for all of those who are perhaps feeling a little overtired or stressed - the very predicament I find myself in almost daily unfortunately. With a collaboration of ingredients to not only make this product a highly refreshing experience but one that is equally as warming and comforting on the body and soul, this oil is the perfect bathing companion. 

Featuring Sicilian lemon oil, geranium and rose oils, this bath melt offers a sweet, fruity floral aroma - one that is very similar in scent to Rose Jam but with an extra burst of lemony goodness. Its fragrance reminds me of opening a fresh box of Turkish Delight and picking up the smell of the rose flavoured chunks as well as the lemon pieces.  

What is great about this particular melt is that it has a hard outer shell with a slightly softer middle - meaning that this withstands the heat a little better than a lot of the other melts. Whereas something like The Sun or Lime Pastille tends to melt between your fingers and leaves a sticky residue wherever it's stored, this bath oil doesn't do this, which is handy. 

As if the scent wasn't enough to bowl you over, this beauty is packed full of essential butters and oils to nourish your skin and leave you feeling as soft as a baby. With shea butter and cocoa butter to moisture and condition, I Am A Radiant Being will leave you positively glowing and your skin summer-ready. 

As with all of lush's bath melts and oils, this one is effective enough to be used by itself, or if you'd rather, you could combine it with a bath bomb to pad out the fragrance and add extra softening powers to the water. Something like Rose Queen or Sakura would work well with this.
In the tub, this product immediately begins to bleed out across the surface - releasing little puddles of vivid pink colour etched with silver glitter. What is impressive about this particular bath oil is that creates patterns very similar to Razzle Dazzle - making your tub look like a lava lamp with all of the swirls of oil on the surface. 

These streams of colour disperse and slowly dissolve into the water so you don't have to worry about getting greasy marks up the side of the bath tub, or more importantly yourself. Once the bath oil had completely dispersed, the whole water turns a lovely baby pink colour and the smell radiates across the whole bathroom - lasting throughout the entire experience and leaving a gentle impression on your skin.

Overall, I Am A Radiant Being left my skin feeling really soft and well-nourished - a benefit that was noted pretty quickly after I had submerged myself under the water. It's one I would use again - by itself as well as part of a cocktail and think it makes a great addition to the Lush family. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Shea Butter, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Laureth 4, PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides & PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Perfume, Sicilian Lemon Oil, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Geranium oil, Rose Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Citral, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Snowflake Lustre, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 45410:2, Colour 77510.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £2 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 



2 comments

  1. I don't know why I love your blog so much.. I think it might be that even though I've only had the chance to experience a few Lush products, I feel like I've tried all of them after reading your blog.. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much sweetie! This comment has made me very happy! I'm so glad you get a lot out of this blog, and just sorry I tease you with so many amazing products 😜

      Delete


UP