Recently

14 December 2014

Yog Nog Solid Perfume


I'll be honest with you - I find the name Yog Nog to be rather a silly one. It certainly hasn't put me off trying any of the products of course, but it definitely wouldn't win any awards for it's title. Having said that, it does deserve a few for it's wonderful scent and productivity in both solid and liquid format.

Yog Nog Solid Perfume is a brand new product - coming out only two months after the scent was first introduced in soap format. Establishing itself as a fan-favourite very quickly, this triumphed over American Cream to become one of five limited edition fragrances released in the Kitchen. 

What made me instantly fall in love with this fragrance is that in the tin, the perfume smells almost identical to my favourite lip balm, Eggsnog. Not only this, but I thought the scent seemed even creamer than both the soap and liquid variations - something I really appreciated. 

While it contains the same key ingredients to create it's smell; clove bud oil and ylang ylang oil, I feel as if the solid perfume has more depth and complexity than the liquid version. Firstly, I was able to make out the cloves and nutmeg more than I could after spraying the liquid perfume. This smell stayed with me for a good while after application and I really valued how warming and comforting these elements were. 

Secondly, there was, what I can only describe as, a fruity element to this product. Much like the aforementioned lip balm, I could detect what I would describe as a dried fruit sort of smell - a little like raisins or sultanas. Although this was subtle in the overall aroma, it still added a depth to the fragrance. 
Despite enjoying this scent immensely, I wouldn't say that this or the liquid perfume, smell identical to the original soap. Out of the two I would say that this product is the closest, but I would still caution those who are hoping for an identical match, and say that you won't find it with either variations of this perfume.

There are many reasons why solid perfumes are a good investment. Firstly, they are very easy to transport from place to place. They take up very little space and have no way of leaking, so can be stored in pockets, purses and bags and taken near enough anywhere. Secondly, they are great value for money. This one in particular comes in at £9 for a 12g tub, and while the weight in conjunction with the price may seem rather expensive for perfume, it's far more compact than your typical liquid fragrances so you get a lot more bang for your buck.

With this particular fragrance, I found that it didn't have the longevity on my skin as the liquid version demonstrated. While I could still detect it an hour or so after I had initially applied it to my wrists, it wasn't very strong by this point and I had to reapply it most hours to get the effect I wanted. However, it did offer me something which I thought was more rounded and rather more interesting. Perhaps this is something that could be used in conjunction with the liquid fragrance - to top up the smell throughout the day and give you that little extra that the liquid perfume lacks.  

This is a firm favourite of mine now and will be travelling in my bag so I can top up throughout the day. As I mentioned in my review of the liquid perfume, this is a very 'foody' smelling product, so would not be suited for those who dislike this sort of thing. While I wouldn't claim to be the biggest fan of these sorts of scents, Yog Nog has definitely stolen my heart, and I only hope I have the opportunity to buy a few more of these in the near future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Perfume, Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £9 for 12g. 
2015 Price: £9 for 12g. 

Scent Family:
Yog Nog Soap
Yog Nog Solid Perfume

4 comments

  1. I haven't gotten round to trying the Yog Nog soap but it seems like a scent I'd like. The solid perfume seems promising and if I lived in the UK I would definitely get my hands on a tin!
    Guess I'll need a visit to my local lush to try the soap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend that you do. At first I was a little annoyed that they hadn't brought Snowcake back for this Christmas. However, once I tried Yog Nog, I knew I had a great alternative - it's a lovely product :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, this is in the UK Kitchen tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete


UP