Recently

13 December 2014

Yog Nog Liquid Perfume


Despite it being the perfume that had more votes than any other, Lush chose to keep fans waiting until the last day of the week to purchase this brand new fragrance. While I loved the scent of the soap, I tend to stick with shower gels for the most part, so it wasn't something that I was planning on buying much of. However, I was really excited when it was announced that the company would be bringing this perfume out, as it meant that I could enjoy the fragrance all year round, without having to sniff old pieces of soap to get my fix.

Yog Nog Liquid Perfume is described as a 'fudge-scented trip to Canadian mountainsides', and it replicates this wonderfully. With a mixture of clove bud and ylang ylang oil, this sweet toffee-esque aroma is richly decadent and beautifully warm. 

If you're one of those people who dislike 'foody' scents, I'd hazard a guess that you'll probably not enjoy this fragrance very much - it definitely smells like something you'd want to eat. Much like the soap, it does smell like a wintery pudding, however, I wouldn't say that this perfume is identical to it's sibling at all. Whereas the soap has a treacle, golden syrup scent about it, the liquid perfume is far lighter and doesn't give off that almost burnt caramel smell that the soap does. 
While there's nothing in the ingredients list to suggest where it comes from, the perfume also has a thread of cocoa intertwined throughout the perfume - giving Yog Nog a note of chocolate that makes it even yummier. There is a very subtle hint of the nutmeg and cloves here too - but it's nowhere near as prominent as it is in soap form.

In the bottle, this perfume gives off a wonderful sweet aroma, and this continues to flourish when it's sprayed onto the skin. One squirt is all you need here, and the perfume will stay with you for many hours - mellowing only slightly and releasing bursts of warmth throughout the day. I wore this out yesterday and really appreciated catching whiffs of it while I was doing my shopping - it was definitely very comforting on such a cold day. 

The only negative aspect about this perfume is that I think it is very limited to when you can use it. I wouldn't want to use a perfume like this in the warmer months of the year, as I can imagine it would be rather cloying to your senses. For this reason, I wouldn't say it would make a good signature perfume as you wouldn't be able to use it all year round.

While I fell in love with the soap quite quickly, I am even more in love with Yog Nog Liquid Perfume and I am very glad I picked up two bottles from the Lush Kitchen. This is for fans of Lush's sweeter, more playful and perhaps more simplistic fragrances, as I wouldn't say it's very complex or multi-layered at all. However, it does smell wonderful and will remain a staple product for me during the colder months. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Ylang Ylang Oil, (Cananaga odorata), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Farnesol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2014 Price: £28 for 30ml. 

Scent Family:
Yog Nog Soap
Yog Nog Solid Perfume

5 comments

  1. After reading your review I WISH so much that I had picked this up now! I love the Yog Nog soap and I daren't start using it yet!

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering, for an extra snuggly, winter scent, would this work layered with Vanillary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon this would be a beautiful collaboration - may very well try this out for myself :)

      Delete
    2. So Jen,
      Between the liquid and the solid version, you feel the solid one works better?

      Delete
  3. Could you please make this perfume again? I love the soap and need this. Live in Sweden.

    ReplyDelete


UP