Recently

9 September 2014

Green Day Bubble Bar



One of the greatest perks of owning a million and one Lush items, is that you often forget what you have hidden within the depths of your overstuffed drawers. There's much excitement to be had when rummaging through mounds of beautiful smelling ballistics and bubble bars, only to discover one you brought a year back and didn't realise you had in your vicinity. They can often make for the best baths as this review will demonstrate. 

In all fairness, I'm perhaps being a little harsh when it comes to the Green Day Bubble Bar. It took me a good ten minutes to debate whether or not to award it four or five stars, and even now it's balancing precariously in the middle. It has all the elements of being a five-star product, yet like a child down to their last Rolo, I'm very hesitant to give too much away. 

If you love the natural smell of Lush's Grass Shower Gel, or the earthy fragrance of Tramp Shower Gel, you'll no doubt want to try out this bubble bar. Sporting a combination of patchouli, cedarwood and sage oil, this bath bar gives a wonderfully fresh and unique aroma. 
As the name suggests, Green Day possess a very 'green' smell - a mixture of woody pine, freshly cut grass and a very subtle herby layer, which combines this altogether to create a refreshing, uplifting and comforting bubble bar. It has earthy elements that are not far off that of Tramp, yet it's a lighter, less over-powering aroma. To me, the cedarwood is the predominant smell here, yet it is not so strong that it masks the other scents present here. 

A lot of reviews have stated that this is a very masculine-smelling bubble bar, but I would have to disagree. Although it's not sugar sweet and 'girly' as the likes of The Comforter or Think Pink, it's not anymore masculine than the likes of Avobath or Blue Skies And Fluffy White Clouds

Although my video showed me crumbling the whole of my bar into the bath, this bubble bar is great for those who are money-conscious. Green Day can easily be split into four and will give you fantastic results every time. Whether you use a quarter of the bar or the whole thing, this product turns your bath a beautiful shade of green and will fill your bath with silky-soft bubbles. 

What's even better is that this bubble bar is wonderfully moisturising and I found my skin felt noticeably smoother within minutes of being submerged under the water. After exiting the bath, I didn't have to use body lotion and my skin remained soft and conditioned for many hours later. Furthermore, the scent lingered on my skin for a while - offering a gentle earthy scent that complimented my Karma perfume. 

Despite being at least a year old, Green Day was as soft as cake out of the packet, and this gave me a good indication of how it would work on my skin. It's a very energising and invigorating bubble bar so works best in the morning before work or in the evening to rejuvenate your senses before heading out for a night on the town.  

Although I wouldn't claim this is my favourite bubble bar, it did impress me more than I thought it would. I will be definitely be stocking up on these every time Lush release them in their Lush Kitchen and would quite like to use pieces of Green Day when I carry out my many bath cocktails.
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Cedarwood Oil (Juniperus virginiana), Nettle Absolute (Urtica dioica) Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), Limonene, Linalool, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Chlorophyllin.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.95 each. 
2016 Price: £3.95 each. 
2017 Price: £3.75 each.





2 comments

  1. I like to smoosh up some Needles and Pines shower jelly into a Green Day bath.. it really ups the scent, to a 5-star bath. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in the UK, Green Day was my favourite, and it still is! We live in the United States now and unfortunately, we don't get a lot of the Earthy scents here. I get what I can from the local shops and everything else I order online. I wish that this scent could be brought back somehow.

    ReplyDelete


UP