Recently

12 February 2018

Heart Of Enlightened Expectation Bubble Bar Melt



Sometimes it seems that the grass is the same on both sides of the field. You'll often find me complaining about the cold weather and how it affects my skin and leaves it parched and dry. Yet recently I've been complaining about all of the hot weather I've been experiencing abroad and how it too has affected my skin in a negative way. Ultimately, it seems as if I need to take more care of my skin, and one way that I can do this is by choosing cosmetics that nourish and moisturise my skin to the highest level possible.

Aside from being an absolute mouthful to say and remember, Heart Of Enlightened Expectation Bubble Bar Melt was exactly what I needed after a two week stint in the very humid country of Sri Lanka. While bubble bars are already known for their wonderful moisturising properties, the fact that this release was also part melt is another reason why it won my heart over almost straight away. 
Sharing its scent with the classic Two Hearts Beating As One range, this Valentine's Day special is simply stunning to look at, and smells equally as enticing. The orange base crumbles under the tap like a dream, producing a rich and very vibrant shade of colour in the bath tub; the golden-tinted white surface is packed full of oils and butters, and serves as a bath melt to make this one of the most moisturising experiences I have had in the bath this year.

Containing floral elements from geranium, jasmine, rose and ylang ylang, the smell of this is a very potent one - certainly not suitable for anyone who opposes heady scents in the slightest. To put it simply, this bubble bar engulfed my bathroom within minutes of me using it in the bath, and the fragrance lingered in my house for a good few hours afterwards. 

Jasmine is definitely the most dominant note in the fragrance here - offering a potent and rather sickly sweet floral aroma that wraps itself around you in the bath tub. It is the level of jasmine present that pertains the heady and very sultry floral aroma. The inclusion of bergamot adds a subtle grassiness to the smell, while also offering a very small dosage of fruitiness as well. 
Alongside this, the geranium and the rose absolute add a gentle, cloudy component - one that complements the jasmine but grounds it very slightly. The  latter of the two expands the smell of this bubble bar melt so that once you notice the rose absolute in the mix, it's very difficult to ignore the fact that it is there.

For those who loved the shower gel that came out in the Lush Kitchen last year,  or indeed the bath melt from last year's Valentine's day range, this limited edition works magically with the scent and is perhaps the best rendition of the fragrance so far. While all three products have distinctive similarities, I'd definitely say that this bubble bar melt is closer to the bath melt than the shower gel - as I feel that the floral element is a little stronger in this product whereas the shower gel is a little fruitier overall.

What was impressive was how softening the water was. As to be expected with some of Lush's more powerful bubble bars/bath melts, I could feel how silky-soft the water was within seconds of the bubble bar being crumbled under the running tap. Furthermore, I could see a thin layer of oils being formed whenever I dragged my fingers across the surface of the water, and my whole body felt instantly moisturised upon climbing into the tub. 

After towelling myself down, I could feel how replenished my skin felt and was able to see a radiance in the mirror that hadn't been there before. At the risk of showing off a little, the bubble bar melt really helped to compliment my new-found tan and left a wonderful, sweet floral smell on my skin. This fragrance stayed with me a long time afterwards and I was able to smell it on my sheets the next day. 
Given its size, I would suggest cutting Heart Of Enlightened Expectation in half and using it for two separate experiences. Alternatively, you could slice it into even smaller chunks and use it alongside a bath bomb to cocktail scents whilst still receiving a super moisturising experience overall.

This is yet another impeccable release from Lush this year, making their Valentine's Day selection one of the best I have seen in a good many years. This is definitely a bubble bar melt that I have to be in the mood for, and I would suggest it is best used in the morning or evening time to wake you up a little as opposed to using before bed. If I had the finances to purchase more, I definitely would. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Lauryl Betaine, Cornflour, Laureth 4, Bergamot Oil, Geranium Oil, Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil,Titanium Dioxide, Silica Calcium, Sodium Borosilicate. *Benzyl Benzoate, *Citronellol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Perfume, Colour 15510, Colour 77491.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

Scent Family:
Heart Of Enlightened Expectation Bubble Bar Melt
Two Hearts Beating As One Bath Melt
Two Hearts Beating As One Shower Gel

No comments

Post a Comment


UP