Recently

28 April 2015

Intergalactic Bath Bomb



Any bath bomb that features popping candy as the third ingredient is pretty much guaranteed to be a hit amongst most people. While I was never a fan of the stuff when I was a child, the allure of the crackle it creates in the tub is always a welcome addition to any bath in my house. The fact that this is one of the most stunning ballistics to boot, only serves to make the experience of using this product just that little bit more special.

Intergalactic Bath Bomb could almost be mistaken for Shoot For The Stars at first glance. Sporting a vivid shade of blue with streaks of yellow and fluorescent-pink running through the middle, this new addition to Oxford Street is very similar in design. However, when side by side, these two products could not be any more different from each other. 
Containing a generous helping of peppermint, cedarwood and vetivert oil, this bath bomb is a fresh, exhilarating and very uplifting minty experience. Claiming to create the scent of an 'intergalactic 80s rogue' (whatever that means!), this bath bomb is the perfect accompaniment for those who are looking for their new summer favourite. This ballistic is sure to leave your senses enlightened and your skin unworldly-soft. 

On first sniff, my immediate reaction was that this bath bomb shared its scent with the very popular Dirty range. In the shop, Intergalactic gives off a slightly smoky/woody aroma, which although low in the mix, is still very noticeable on the senses. However, unlike Dirty, this bath bomb doesn't have the herbal element of the thyme that you would expect from the fragrance, and it's also a little fresher-smelling to boot. 

Instead, the peppermint oil intertwines with the grapefruit oil perfectly - creating a mint-dominated aroma with a very subtle thread of citrus running alongside this. This latter ingredient dampens the harsh kick that you would normally expect from a minty product and instead offers something invigorating and refreshingly beautiful yet very rounded at the same time. 

If the smell wasn't wholesome enough, this ballistic takes the experience to the next level when it's used in the bath. Upon contact with water, Intergalactic immediately begins to spew trails of vivid blue across the surface of the tub. As the bath bomb continues to fizz, elements of the pink, white and yellow make an appearance - painting swirls of colour that look like miniature galaxies in your bath. 

When the bath bomb has been in the water for a good minute, you'll begin to notice that the centre of the product is full of beautiful golden lustre, which filters out with the waves of colour and creates a stunning display - making this one of the best bath bombs to come from the new flagship store. 

What I loved about Intergalactic is that once you're submerged under the water, you can hear the crackling of the popping candy and enjoy the swirls of golden glitter that sway and pulsate under the surface. Furthermore, this bath bomb turns the water into a deep and very rich shade of blue - definitely making you feel like the guardian of your own galaxy. While the glitter is very much present throughout the water, it doesn't give you a messy experience and washes away easily.
  
As if all of that wasn't enough, when you exit the bath, the peppermint oil has a cooling effect which leaves you feeling slightly tingly all over. This, accompanied with the fact that the bath bomb is really moisturising and leaves your skin super-soft, means that it's a great all-rounder for those who enjoy mint-scented experiences. 

For someone who isn't overly impressed with most mint scents, I was pleasantly surprised to find how much I loved this bath bomb. It offers something very different from most of Lush's regular range, so I know this is going to be a very popular seller by far. For all of above reasons, Intergalactic is a perfect summer bath accompaniment when you want something refreshing and instantly gratifying. I will definitely be stocking up on this during my next visit to the store. 

Quantative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Popping Candy, Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Water (Aqua), Perfume, Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Cedarwood Oil (Juniperus virginiana), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Limonene, Linalool, Snowflake, Lemon ice and Gold Glimmer Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Colour 47005, Colour 19140, Synthetic Fluorphlogite, Colour 77492, Silica), Colour 42090, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.50 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:
Intergalactic Bath Bomb
Integgalactic Bath Bomb
Nebula Bath Bomb




13 comments

  1. Looks amaziiiiiing! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I have nominated you for the Liebster award. Follow the link for more detail, if you wish :)
    http://tuesdaymusing.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/the-liebster-award-discover-new-bloggers.html
    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly this is all I could ask for in a bath bomb and I need 500

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought one of these yesterday and can't wait to try it out! I'm not normally a big fan of minty scents (which is why I didn't pick it up on my first trip!) but it has such a bright smell I couldn't resist! Saw a demo in store and the water was such a lovely shade of blue with plenty of sparkles :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually fan of mint but this is something special - I really hope you enjoy it! Let me know 😀

      Delete
  5. I loved this. I tried it out just last week in a hotel room and accidentally turned a crisp white flannel blue :D

    Sarah From Beautistique <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apparently this is the national best seller, or so the guy in the Birmingham shop told me I bought this for the first time today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can really see why! Although I'm surprised it's outsold The Experimenter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to go into town and buy this today!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This bath bomb is SO amazing. I just used it for the first time today, and although the smell didn't blow me away in the shop, in the water it was mind-blowingly wonderful! Serious aromatherapy going on here -- I feel calmer and happier :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must say that this is my favourite lush bathbomb. So beautiful in the bath and I know quite a few people that can't stand the scent but I love it!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. seems funny that the price has jumped up by 75p without any formulation changes? *thumbs down*

    ReplyDelete


UP