Recently

24 November 2014

Uluru Bath Bomb


Having come to appreciate how wonderful it is to experience a freshly made bath bomb, I've stopped myself from investing in old and rare Lush products that occasionally pop up on eBay. Whereas this time last year my collection was jam-packed with bath bombs that were older than the hair on my head, my current stash contains nothing older than a year or two. With Lush bringing out items that haven't seen the light of day for many moons, I am willing to hold out and hope that Lush unleash the oldies that I've been dying to get a-hold of.  


When Uluru made an appearance in the Kitchen, I was slightly more excited than would be deemed as normal by most people. Having acquired an ancient bottle of the shower gel a couple of years ago, I remember how much I adored the wonderfully warm, comforting fruity aroma and I was keen to see how the ballistic compared.

Despite it's simple demeanour, this bath bomb is a beauty to behold. Sporting a bright orange design, with a thin layer of baby pink around it's middle and tiny flecks of red across the surface, this product is absolutely gorgeous. Lush claim that both the fragrance and the design have been modelled on the idea of an Australian sunset, and while I've never been to the country myself, I think Lush have succeeded in doing just that. 

With a blend of sweet orange, lemon myrtle and sandalwood oils, this ballistic gives off a wonderfully uplifting and refreshing fruity smell - one that is unique and wholesome without being at all overpowering. In fact, I can imagine a lot of people might find fault in the fact that this bath bomb pertains a fairly subtle fragrance. Although I would normally be one of those critics, I actually think that this one works well as a gentle scent. 


While you would expect Uluru to have a tartness from the orange and lemon, this ballistic gives off an aroma that is more sugary and creamy. As I said in my review of the shower gel, the scent reminds me of the soft peach-flavoured jellies that you can get in most Pic N Mix selections. While there is a sherbety element to the fragrance, it only reveals itself in the bath - latching onto your skin and leaving it smelling beautiful. 

As well as the lovely scent this ballistic possesses, the different oils also help to make this product incredibly moisturising on the skin. I only had to dip my hand into the water to notice how baby-soft my skin felt afterwards, and I could see the translucent layer of oil floating on the surface of the water before I climbed in. The inclusion of sea salt in this product also helps to soften the water and detoxify your skin - which is part of the reason you feel so refreshed and clean afterwards. 


The bath bomb begins to fizz immediately upon entering the water - spewing out streams of tangerine that quickly spread throughout the entire tub. While the water transforms into one that's the same shade as the bath bomb itself, the smell is elevated by the heat of the water and fills the bathroom with it's playful, feminine aroma. I felt really relaxed after using one of these and couldn't believe how invigorated I felt after being in the tub for a mere 20 minutes.

I am incredibly grateful to Lush for giving the fans an opportunity to try out this wonderful bath bomb. It offers a truly unique experience and one that fans of the shower gel, or indeed something like Fruity Beauty, will no doubt want to experience for themselves. While I have enough of these babies to sink a ship, I would definitely buy a few more if the opportunity arose. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, Perfume, Sweet Orange Oil, Lemon Myrtle Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Limonene, Gardenia Extract, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.75.
2016 Price: £3.95.

Scent Family:
Uluru Bath Bomb
Uluru Shower Gel




1 comment

  1. I really wished I had bought one of these when it was available in the Kitchen, but because I live in Norway and I don't have a bath tub (how do I survive as a Lush fan?!), I have to limit my buys to products I really want and can use "correctly" when I buy from the Kitchen. But Uluru sounds wonderful! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete


UP