Recently

8 November 2014

Pink FUN


How I've missed out a review of what is probably my favourite example of FUN, I do not know. However, I quickly realised the need to rectify this problem as soon as possible - a great excuse to buy a few bars online and shower myself silly in it's beautiful aroma and skin-softening properties. 

The Lush FUN line started out as five different coloured bars, each with a different unique scent. You have Yellow FUN, which has a vanilla scent, Red FUN, which is mandarin and orange, Green FUN, which possesses a lemon and lime scent, and Blue FUN, which offers a lavender scent.

Then there's Pink FUN - the first and only one of the five that I bought and instantly fell in love with. For a product that is made up mostly of cornflour, the fragrance it offers its users is beautifully decadent and very powerful. Lush describe it as smelling of 'vanilla and sweets' - a scent that is supposed to evoke memories of your childhood and bring out the kid inside each and every one of us. While I don't disagree with this sentiment, I think their description undersells the product somewhat.

When I smell this, I experience something far richer and more sophisticated than the other FUN bars. It's sweet but not sugary-sweet - like burnt vanilla intertwined with a subtle floral aroma. I can pick up a faint hint of lilies and geraniums here which gives Pink FUN a rather dry, powdery fragrance. Although it doesn't smell like Rock Star, the cloudy element to it's aroma reminds me a little of the popular soap.


One thing that should be said about this product - which for me is a positive attribute but which may be off-putting for others, is that this bar is perhaps the strongest smelling Lush product to date. You don't even need to remove it from it's packaging to pick up the wonderful fruity aroma, and when it's living in your bathroom, it will engulf and overpower any other cosmetic you are using at the time. If you love the scent of this, you'll appreciate the fact that it stays with you long after you leave the shower. I really think that Lush should bring out a perfume or body lotion with the same fragrance as it would be incredible.

The great thing about all of Lush's FUN bars is that they are really versatile - doubling up as a shampoo, bubble bar and shower gel, and working exceptionally well as all three. It's basically like play dough when you first touch it so you should make sure you wrap it back up after each and every use. I found that mine started 'melting' a couple of day's after opening it and found it more practical to cut a small piece off and keep the rest somewhere cool to maintain it's shape. Either that or pop the whole bar into an empty Lush pot to stop the FUN from 'decorating' every surface with it's 'goo'.

As with all of the FUN bars, I like to use mine as a replacement for more expensive bath ballistics; when I'm after a short bath as opposed to a longer soak. I simply pulled off a generous sized chunk and crumbled it under the running tap, much like I would do with a bubble bar. Immediately my bath tub began to fill with fluffy, vanillary bubbles and the water merged into a lovely shade of baby pink. It's not as vivid as you would expect from one of Lush's regular bubble bars but it's still lovely and the scent remains present throughout the whole experience. 

You can also use this instead of shower gel; just take half a grape's worth and massage it between your hands. You'll find that Pink FUN is very generous and creates a surplus amount of light, fluffy fragrant foam which can then be used to clean yourself with. Despite the ingredients and the fact that the bar seems fairly dry to begin with, this one makes your skin feel really soft and smooth; it replicates the job of a shower gel perfectly. 

As with all of Lush's FUN bars, this one is ideal for children (or children disguised as adults) who want to instil a little more excitement into their bathing sessions. For those who aren't satisfied with a hot, bubbly bath, FUN allows you to model and craft shapes and figurines out of the product before it is used in the bathroom. This is particularly great for parents who find it difficult to entice their children into the bath - now they can extend their playing whilst getting clean at the same time. 

Although I don't use these bars in this way, I will continue buying Pink FUN regularly as I adore the fragrance and think it is fantastic value for money. If you cannot decide which FUN bar to get, this is easily my favourite one and I highly recommend that you check it out for yourself. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Talc, Cornflour, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Coumarin, Geraniol, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £5.00 for 200g.


17 comments

  1. Yay finally!:-) thanks so much for the review Jen!!!xxx I've been checking every day for the review and I'm so happy that it's finally here!!x:-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is to your liking and I hope it will inspire you to purchase a bar...or two...or three ;)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for writing the prices :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the green fun yet? I've only tried gold and snowman but the green was the one I was most interested in trying in their regular Fun range.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have and I'll be posting my review somewhen over the next couple of weeks :) It is rather lovely as well - just not as good as the pink one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, thanks. I'd like to try them all eventually but I just couldn't decide which to try first. Your reviews help a lot though :) I always look on your blog before I order certain products ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Pink FUN! Out of the permanent range this is the only one I've tried and I really enjoyed it. I didn't wash my hair with it but I used it for shaving, washing, bathing, and making silly little animals.

    It's such a practical bar and I recommend everyone to try a bar at least once. :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic review, as always! I can't decide if I prefer pink or yellow Fun, I think I prefer yellow when I'm at home (because I always end up sniffing my hands after using that and I'd look a bit odd doing that when with other people) and pink to take out with me. I was asked last week if I'd just applied perfume after coming back from the restroom, all I'd used was pink Fun!

    Kelly
    The Vegan Taff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the smell of the Yellow FUN but there's something rather wonderful about the PINK edition - I really think the smell would work wonderfully as a perfume :)

      Delete
  8. Aww I must have gotten a dud ...we tried making a bubble bath for the toddler...no bubbles...tried washing on ourselves nothing...:/ hmm.maybe I'll have to try again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange - sorry to hear you didn't have any lucky. Perhaps request a sample the next time you go into the store or make an online order and see if you have any luck then. My FUN bars have always produced lots of wonderful bubbles!

      Delete
  9. Hey Jen! I wanted to ask you something with a little story..
    You see a good while back I purchased a bar of Pink Fun having been bowled over by the intoxicating fragrance in store, however when I came home to use it the scent became so intense and sickly that it gave me a headache and I could no longer use it. Now I'm not trying to say there is something wrong with my Fun bar, it was fine, for me the scent was just too strong...Anyway fast forward to a few months ago Id heard rave reviews about the Lord of Misrule perfume so went on a whim to order a bottle. I was super excited to smell this rare fragrance however one spritz on my wrist and I was done, the memory of Pink fun, the headaches and cloying sweetness returned!

    So, what I'm trying to get at is I haven't seen anyone else mention it, and I don't have either product to compare, so I would like your opinion, do you think Pink fun and lord of misrule share the same / if not are very similar?
    Shez

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - that's an interesting idea! I know that they don't share the same smell but I do recognise that they are two of the strongest, most potent smelling products that Lush offer. They both have that strong, powdery, tonka smell, which is probably why you can smell similarities and why perhaps it's a little too overwhelming for you!

      Delete
  10. You should make a review for HIWMH shampoo bar

    ReplyDelete


UP