Recently

31 October 2014

Rock Star Soap

I've mentioned many a time before that it often becomes too much of a temptation to not nibble or lick certain Lush products before using them. This might seem like a strange concept for those of you who view soap as nothing more than a block of 'stuff' to wash your hands with. Then again, I cannot imagine that anyone browsing this blog would be that way inclined. However, when it came down to this particular product, I won't deny that I didn't try eating it before I took it with me into the shower.

Rock Star is a legendary product amongst Lush fans - a staple soap that has graced the stores of Lush for the good part of a decade. It's tantalising candy-pink design and beautiful scent, means it stands out from the hundreds of 'hum drum' soaps that line the walls of most supermarkets and pharmacists on the high street. 

Sharing it's scent with the wonderful Creamy Candy Bubble Bar, this soap looks and smells like a giant piece of raspberry bubblegum - a sugary sweet but slightly sophisticated scent that would appeal to anyone who loves feminine scents such as Think Pink or The Comforter. This is the perfect product to tide fans of Snow Fairy over until the Christmas period. As I said in my bubble bar review, the scent itself is rather girly, reminding me of candy floss and the musky vanilla scent of freshly baked cupcakes. 

However, despite references to the above scents, Rock Star stands out and possesses something unique about it's aroma. Firstly, the addition of coconut oil early on in the ingredients list, means that this soap has a very subtle coconut fragrance. This is complimented by the addition of the vanilla absolute, which not only gives this soap it's sultry scent, but no doubt helps to give it it's velvety-soft consistency in the shower. 

In the shower, this soap is one of the easiest to lather up - producing a beautiful array of soft, foamy bubbles that coat your skin like a faux fur coat. My skin felt instantly silky soft after massaging this across my body, and the scent lingered on me for a good while after use. 

As this product reacts so well and so quickly with the water, it's a good idea to rub this between your hands and then place the soap out of reach from the flow of the water. I only say this because I feel it would be really wasteful to keep it exposed for too long; you'll get a surplus amount of foam within seconds of massaging this between your hands, which was enough for me to lather across most of my body. Holding it under the running water will only shrink your soap faster and for no good reason at all. 

Once I had rinsed this from my skin, I found that Rock Star made me feel really sanitised and clean, whilst softening my arms and legs a little in the process. It definitely wasn't the most hydrating of soaps I have used from Lush, but neither did it dry out my skin. I think Lush could do with including a few more essential oils in this soap, which I think would turn this into an incredible product.

Rock Star is definitely a soap worth turning to when you're in need of a little extra comfort. Although I would say this works best in the colder months to warm up those fingers and toes, it would be equally as wonderful in the warmer months - giving your skin a full cleanse and leaving you smelling good enough to eat. 
Lush claim that if you cut into your chunk, 'you'll find some little white soap stars inside' - something which makes the soap sound and look even more beautiful. Unfortunately, my piece didn't possess any of these magical stars they talk about, but it only gives me an excuse to purchase another piece of Rock Star in the near future.  

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Rapeseed Oil and Coconut Oil, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute, Glycerine, Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Methyl Ionone, Colour 17200, Colour 14700, Colour 45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.50 for 100g, £8.75 for 250g, £17.50 for 500g.

Scent Family:

3 comments

  1. I love this soap! :D It's probably one of the few Lush soaps I can use without getting an allergic reaction :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete


UP