Recently

25 September 2014

Amandopondo Bubble Bar



In all honesty, I cannot justify why I've waited so long to try out this bubble bar. Given that it's been voted amongst Lush fans as one of the greatest, and most popular bathing products to come from Lush, it should have been at the top of my list. Unfortunately, due to it's rather boring appearance, it's somehow managed to burrow itself underneath my other more colourful bubble bars, and so has been hidden from me for a long time.

Amandopondo Bubble Bar epitomises the very essence of what a bubble bar should be; it's a beautifully scented, highly moisturising, seriously sexy and wonderfully soft product that'll guarantee to hit the spot every time.

You only have to be in the presence of one of these to know what I mean. Scented with rose absolute and lemon and sweet orange oils, this bubble bar gives off a sophisticated and rather feminine fragrance. The rose is definitely the dominating smell, however the citrus oils help to give it a slight zesty scent that compliments the floral elements without masking it's natural scent.

Although the key scent here is rose, it's a different kind to what is featured in Rose Jam Bubbleroon, Tisty Tosty Ballistic and Rose Queen Bath Bomb. It's definitely a candied smelling rose, so resides more on the side of the bubbleroon. Although it's still a very natural scent as the citrus oils add the sweetness without making it at all synthetic-smelling. 

As you can see in my video, I like to hold my bubble bars underneath the running water and let it work it's magic. I find that this is more effective than crumbling them in the water, although there are others that would say the opposite. What I do know is that you definitely don't have to use the whole bubble bar in one go - half is more than suffice to create a beautiful bubble-filled tub to indulge yourself in. 

What I found with Amandopondo, is that it's very soft to touch so will crumble very easily, and you don't have to wait long before the bath begins to fill up with beautiful bubbles. I'll probably go as far as to say that this bubble bar produces some of the greatest bubbles I have ever seen. They are extremely light and fluffy, with an almost velvety consistency, and to the naked eye, don't necessarily look any different from other bubbles. 

However, once you're in the tub, you'll realise that these bubbles are super cleansing and highly moisturising - your skin feels instantly refreshed, clean and beautiful. I would even suggest that you could use these bubbles to clean yourself as opposed to your regular shower gel - they're that good! For those of you who have dry skin, this is the perfect remedy for damaged and irritated pores. 

The beautiful rose smell, intertwined with the uplifting aroma of the different oils, makes for a refreshingly stunning bubble bar. What's even better, is that the beautiful smell lingers on your skin for hours, and the skin stays soothed and moisturised all day long. Amandopondo made me feel like a queen after being submerged in it's water and I've already purchased a few more as I love it so much. 

This is definitely one of my favourite bubble bars from Lush, and indeed one of my favourite products ever. Until recently, this bubble bar had been collecting dust in my drawer, due to it's slightly boring demeanour. However, since I've finally discovered and fallen in love with it, it's now become a regular purchase in my household, and one I'll turn to whenever I need something of royalty in the bath. 
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Fragrance, Pink Rosebud (Rosa centifolia), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £2.75 each.
2017 Price: £3.25 each.

Scent Family:
Amandopondo Bubble Bar
Amandopondo Perfume
Amandopondo Soap
Ring of Roses Buttercream
Ring Of Roses Soap 
Rose Bubble Bar (Mother's Day 2014)



2 comments

  1. I, too, have skipped this over and over for it's brighter more colorful brothers but that video might put me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete


UP