Recently

26 April 2014

Heavenly Bodies Buttercream


When I discovered that Lush were selling this product during one of their Lush Kitchen releases, I was ecstatic. It's one of the products that I've been pining after for quite some time, and after reading numerous glowing reviews about it, was determined to get my hands on some. Although I'm not normally a fan of chocolate-scented cosmetics, this beauty is an exception, and here's why; 

Sharing it's scent with Sonic Death Monkey Shower Gel, Heavenly Bodies Buttercream is a product that was first released a number of years ago. Unlike the two wonderful pots that I received in the post this morning, the old design was slightly different, being sold as a solid block that would melt against body heat, much like a massage bar. 

For those unfamiliar with what a buttercream is, it's a combination of soap and shower gel; a softer-style soap that can be used like a shower gel, but contains key ingredients to help soften and repair dry skin. It doesn’t contain as many surfactants as traditional soap, so it won’t lather up like you’re used to, but this does mean it’s especially good for those people who find normal soap can sometimes dry their skin out.

Comprised of cocoa butter, sweet orange oil and Rhassoul mud, this buttercream is a feast for the skin, especially for those looking to improve the condition of theirs before the hot weather begins to take over. For those unfamiliar with Lush, the inclusion of mud in the ingredients list may seem a little off-putting. However, with Lush using it successfully in many of their products, including the lovely Cupcake Face Mask and the popular Dark Angels Cleanser, it serves an important purpose in making this product effective.  

Rhassoul mud is known for it's natural antibacterial features, and alongside the fresh orange juice, which cleanses and detoxifies the skin, creates a perfect combination for your body. Cocoa butter is listed as one of the main ingredients in Heavenly Bodies, and as well as helping to give this buttercream it's luxurious scent, it also helps to soften and moisturise the skin. Altogether, these elements clean and detox the pores, leaving you smelling wonderful and looking revitalised. 

When combined, these main ingredients, alongside the vanilla absolute, create a gorgeous chocolate-orange-scented shower companion - one that smells good enough to eat. It's smell reminds me of rich chocolate cake, drizzled with chocolate sauce, or a melted Terry's Chocolate orange with lashings of cream. It really needs to be sampled to understand how beautiful this product is, and don't blame me if you find yourself poised with a spoon over a tub of the stuff - it really is that good!

Aside from it's scent, Heavenly Bodies lives up to expectations and helps to restore and replenish tired skin. A little goes a long way as I found that I only needed the equivalent of a dessertspoon to lather my whole body. This means that a 250g tub would probably last for at least 20 full body washes. As I mentioned above, this doesn't lather like a soap does, but it does leave a light white foam as it's massaged into the skin, and is very easy to wash off afterwards.
This product left my skin feeling gorgeously soft and left a slight chocolate-orange fragrance on my skin, which I received many compliments on throughout the day. I really hope that Lush choose to bring this back soon as I think it would sell really well as a regular product. I would definitely recommend this and will be stocking up if I can get my hands on a few more tubs. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerine, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Rhassoul Mud, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Perfume, Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Limonene.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £10.25 for 250g.
2016 Price: £10.25 for 250g.
2017 Price: £10.50 for 250g.

Scent Family:
Chocolate Whipstick Lip Balm
Heavenly Bodies Buttercream
Sonic Death Monkey Shower Gel

9 comments

  1. I really don't like chocolate scents... but this Buttercream looks amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Londo, this looks really good. And I like the addition of the rhassoul mud :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love LOVE this buttercream, Sonic Death Monkey too! I picked up them both, and the buttercream arrived this morning. I can not wait to get home and use it. I am loving your blog, so much information, its wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful, isn't it? To begin with, I thought that Sonic Death Monkey was 'alright' and I learnt to love it. Then when Heavenly Bodies came into my life, I reached a new height of obsession with it - it's divine :)

      Thank you for the kind words about my blog - I hope you've been enjoying your HB!

      Delete
  4. This is probably the one kitchen item that I regret not getting, Hopefully they will have it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original Heavenly Bodies was the first product I ever bought from Lush, the Solihull store I think probably around ten years ago! I remember loving it but my mom hated it because I would make a mess in the shower with it. This looks really different to the original so I didn't realise it was even the same thing. Hopefully next time it's in the kitchen I can try it and see how it compares :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you originally bought it, was it a solid block as opposed to a tub? I know that a lot of the earlier buttercreams were more like a soft soap and not so 'pudding-like'. Either way, I'm sure you'll love it as it's amazing in this format!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad I read your review as I had no idea when I got it from the kitchen that it wasn't an after shower product! I used it after a shower as a moisturiser and didn't get on with it at all and this is why! Looking forward to trying it out the way it is meant to be used :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see the great detail here!. read here

    ReplyDelete


UP