Recently

21 March 2014

Cinders Bath Bomb



Cinders was actually the first Christmas bath ballistic I ever tried - back when I visited a Lush shop perhaps once a year at most. I remember choosing it because firstly it smelt of cinnamon, my favourite herb on the planet, and secondly, because it happened to be the cheapest one available at the time.

Packed full of almond oil, sweet orange and cinnamon leaf, this is the perfect bath bomb for anyone wanting to experience Christmas in a bath tub. To me, it smells of the shortcrust pastry used to make homemade mince pies; of Starbucks Christmas Spice hot chocolate; of winter scented candles. It's a sweet, sugary cinnamon scent that is both comforting and uplifting.
There are always other cinnamon-scented products available from Lush at Christmas time; this year alone we had Hot Toddy Bubble Bar and Glogg Shower Gel. However, Cinders is for those people who love the smell of cinnamon but don't necessarily want the full extent of the cloves that you'd find in both of those other products. The sweetness of this product enhances the cinnamon tenfold and makes it just that little bit more luxurious.

What makes this bath ballistic extra special, is that Lush have decorated the bomb with a small handful of popping candy, which gently crackles in the water and is supposed to remind you of a warming fireside - something we will all no doubt wish we had, when the temperature starts to drop about Christmas time. To make it even more appealing, is when I got out of the bath, my skin felt incredibly soft and fragrant, and this lasted for most of the following day as well. 

One negative aspect of Cinders is that the ballistic itself turns the water a less-than-attractive yellow colour, which was little unwelcoming and reminded me of something that I would definitely not wish to bathe in. Furthermore, the water somewhat stained the edge of my bath tub and I had to scrub the yellow smears away afterwards, which was a little annoying. 
Ultimately, I love the smell of this bath bomb and given it's size, I was really impressed with how strong the scent was and how long it lingered on my skin afterwards. However, it's not a bath bomb that does anything particularly amazing in the tub so it's not the best one to invest in if you're looking for a show.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Coarse Sea Salt, Popping Candy, Perfume, Gardenia Extract, Almond Essential Oil, Sweet Orange Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Limonene, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £2.75 each.
2015 Price: £2.95 each.

Scent Family:
Cinders Bath Bomb
Cinders Liquid Perfume





4 comments

  1. Oh my goodness I absolutely LOVE this bomb, but I hated Phoenix Rising. For me this was more sugary and delectable. My two friends hated it and loved PR so I think it might be a real one or the other sort of thing. The popping candy, the scent, the way it feels like you're bathing in a log fire...Ahhh I miss it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first lush bomb ever <3 cant wait to stock up this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw that they updated Cinders to make it more of an orange color. Maybe you should try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't see it on the website for sale this year. I do have 6 for sale on eBay!!!

    ReplyDelete


UP