Recently

25 January 2014

I Am 10 Bubble Bar


A few years ago, when I was unfortunately not attuned to the amazing world of Lush, the company would throw Forum Parties where die-hard fans would be able to purchase limited edition products that were not available in the shops. It was a great opportunity for staff and fans to get together and discuss their favourite topic, Lush, and share amazing products that were only available in small batches online.  

One such party was held in 2012; a party to celebrate Lush Online’s tenth anniversary - so the products available were going to be pretty darn special!

The I Am 10 bubble bar was designed to resemble one of those badges you get on birthday cards for children; a fun idea to symbolise the very nature of the company it represented. It's round and bright red with ‘I Am 10’ written on it in white: a simple design but an eye-catching one. 
The best part about it is that it's scented with the American Cream fragrance; a wholesome strawberry and cream concoction not unlike the scent of vanilla milkshake. The addition of lavender and sage helps to add a herby undertone that compliments the fresh vanilla scent and gives it a more rounded smell. The American Cream scent of Clary sage, vanilla and lavender is so scrummy in bubble bar form and gives this product a fruity, sweet and incredibly comforting scent.

It also happens to be vegan, a fact that excited me to no end when I first discovered the bar. Do you know how many times I have picked up a bottle of American Cream Conditioner, in the store, and given it a sniff, pleading inside that it'll one day be made vegan? Too many to count. 
I am 10 is probably about eight centimetres in diameter, meaning this bubble bar is perfectly made for two baths. It's soft and squidgy to the touch, making it really easy to break it in half or quarters, depending on how many baths you wish to get out of it. I crumbled half of a bubble bar into the running water, and swished my hands throughout the tub, as this is the best way to create loads of bubbles. The water turned a beautiful salmon-pink colour, the water felt silky-soft and lovely creamy white bubbles were formed. 

The delicious American Cream scent remained with me throughout the entire bath and continued to nestle on my skin right through until the following day. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that it is probably the longest lasting product I have yet to try from Lush. 

Unfortunately, I Am 10 was released as a limited edition product, meaning it can no longer be bought from the Lush website. However, I was lucky enough to pick up five of them on one of my recent eBay sprees, and I highly recommend that you grab one if and when you can. 
This is probably one of my all-time favourite bubble bars from Lush, and I'm really surprised this is not more readily available. I can imagine it being a very high seller so I'm hoping that Lush bring this back soon as I'm keen to stock up! 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate),Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensispierre),Clary Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia),Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla planifolia), Titanium Dioxide, Coumarin, Methyl Ionone, *Linalool, Colour 17200.

Vegan?: Yes

2014 Price: Unknown.

Scent Family:
American Cream Body Lotion
American Cream Conditioner
American Cream Liquid Perfume
American Cream Shower Gel
American Cream Solid Perfume
American Pie Shower Jelly
Flosty Gritter Bubble Bar
I Am 10 Bubble Bar
Twinkle Bath Ballistic




5 comments

  1. Dear Jen,

    I was lucky enough to grab a couple of these off ebay. I know I am 10 came out almost 18 months ago. I just wanted to know if they still are fresh after all this time?

    Thanks,

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have too have a couple of these left. I cannot say whether they are as fresh as they were when they were first released. However, the ones I have are still really strong in scent and make a wonderful, wonderful bath. I cannot fault them at all - the scent is as strong as the conditioner and completely permeates your skin. Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your reply!
    Love your blog! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you could try the American Cream as it really is lovely, but I doubt it would work as well without the lanolin and honey, which is what makes it unsuitable for vegans. :( It would be nice if they could create the same results without those two ingredients, so you could try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I agree! I always sniff my flatmate's and it smells amazing - I really really love this scent!

      Delete


UP