Recently

25 August 2013

Herbalism Facial Cleanser


Despite being very happy with my Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser, I don't think I can settle on one product until I've had the chance to try out all of what Lush have to offer. They say curiosity killed the cat, but in this case the cat got away having discovered a new favourite product (WHAT?!?!).

Herbalism is a purifying and exfoliating herbal cleansing roll wash, best used on oily and problem skin. I will start by saying that I have neither ailment, however Lush products are normally very versatile so I wasn't too worried about this. 

Herbalism is a green, squidgy, putty-like paste made from powdered herbs. It cleanses with China clay, exfoliates with ground almonds, revives the skin with rosemary, and uses nettle powder to purge your toxins and chamomile to soothe the surface. Sounds like a dream product, right?

With the addition of kaolin to absorb grease, rose absolute and chamomile oil to balance the skin, and chlorophyllin, the green pigment from grass, to regenerate skin cells, this facial cleanser is a feast for the face.

First impressions were good. The product is a gorgeous, but very natural looking green coloured powder. And although the scent is an acquired taste, I really liked it. It smells as if someone has ground down a range of different herbs and added a drop of rice vinegar to give it a sweet edge, which is exactly what Lush have done. 

Like other Lush cleansers, such as AoBS, to use you simply take a small pinch (roughly the size of an aniseed ball), add a couple of drops of water, and mash into a paste. Then massage all over your face and rinse under the shower.

Unlike other cleansers that I have tried, Herbalism is a little more crumbly, so be careful not to add too much water, otherwise you'll be left with a palm-ful of lumpy, green liquid. 

Although my face didn't feel as rejuvenated or as soft as it does when I use Angels on Bare Skin, it did make my skin feel cleansed and toned. I also noticed that even after a single use, the redness from a problematic spot on my chin, was noticeably reduced.  

I use this product once or twice daily, and a small 100g tub lasts for about two months or so. Although I will go back to using Angels on Bare Skin once I have finished this tub, that's only because it's suited more to my skin type. 

Herbalism is a great cleanser, and definitely not something I would be opposed to using again in the future. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Ground Almonds, Kaolin, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water, Nettle, Rosemary and Rice Vinegar Extract, Rice Bran, Gardenia Extract, Rose Absolute, Chamomile Blue Oil, Sage Oil, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes




2 comments

  1. I absolutely love this stuff. Am 26 but still suffer from acne and problematic skin. Almost everything I use makes it worse, including simple products. After using Herbalism I noticed a reduction in redness straight away. 2 weeks on and my skin is almost clear. I use as a cleanser once a day and as a mask every three days by leaving it on for 30 minutes. Have never tried AoBS but if its as good as you say I might have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly thank you for the significant data on this incredible subject and anticipate more awesome posts. You're the best to enjoy this excellence article with me. I am welcoming it all that much! Formulyst Anticipating another awesome article. Good fortunes to the creator! All the best!

    ReplyDelete


UP