Recently

14 January 2018

Almond Blossoms Shower Oil



After the last few days of testing out all of Lush's new shower oils, it's safe to say that my skin is looking and feeling incredible. For something so simple, and seemingly not that different from other products they have offered before, I'm surprised that these gorgeous products haven't made themselves known far sooner.

Almond Blossoms is the fourth in a series of eight that I have to try, and out of the entire range this is probably the prettiest in my eyes. Sporting a lovely, pale pink exterior, with a white star decorating its surface, this almost looks like something you'd find in a quaint little bakery or an experimental chocolate shop.

Boasting an abundance of almond oil and almond butter, this little beauty is designed to soften your skin in the most incredible manner, whilst also replenishing and repairing your skin with the proteins found in the miracle nut it is named after. And given that this is Lush, they have gone even further by sourcing the almond oil from a project that helps Palestinian farmers  to sell their produce globally.

Much like every other shower oil, the best way of using this is to ensure your skin in damp and then gently massage the block across the skin. The warmth will melt the bar and coat your skin with a thin layer of butter and oils, which can then be massaged with your fingers to spread them across a bigger surface area. I would avoid putting too much pressure on these bars as you will waste a lot of the product in doing so. Avoiding direct contact with the running water will also ensure that this bar shrinks at a far slower pace - which means you can stretch out their lifespan far longer.

Unlike a body butter or a body conditioner, the residue you get from all of Lush's shower oils are far more gentle on the skin, making them perfect for those who dislike the heaviness that you can sometimes get from using either of the above formats. Yet despite this, the shower oils are equally as effective at moisturising the skin, and perhaps work out better value for money.  

Much like Coco Loco Shower Oil, this shower oil produced more of a milky residue on the skin, although it was just as effective at nourishing my body and equally as light as the other shower oils I have tested out so far. Furthermore, the ease in which this worked on my skin meant that I needed very little to coat my entire body - meaning that I envisage this lasting a long time in my bathroom. 

Scent wise, this is one Lush's more subtle shower oils. The cedarwood oil adds a gentle resinous, woody quality to it, while the coriander induces the tiniest thread of herbal goodness underneath. However, the levels of almond present here means that this makes the strongest impression on your senses, while also maintaining a very subtle smell overall. You can smell the creaminess and the nuttiness of the almond butter but there's very little else that you can make out, aside from the two notes that I mentioned above.

Overall, I really enjoyed using this one, although the fragrance didn't really leave much of an impression on me. The shower oil itself worked really effectively and I was able to see and feel a difference between my skin before and after using this product. Having said that, I usually appreciate smells that demand a little bit more of a reaction and I would have liked this one to be stronger. I would very mush describe the scent of this as being simply 'nice', so not something I was excited about trying to maintain on my skin afterwards. While I would definitely use this again, and cannot fault what it did to my skin, it would not be my first choice over stronger, more impressionable variations. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter, Fair Trade Almond Oil, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sunflower Wax, Perfume, Almond Butter, Organic Illipe Butter, Coriander Seed Oil, Almond Essential Oil, Cedarwood Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Titanium Dioxide, Citral, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Colour 73360. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £5.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


No comments

Post a Comment


UP