Recently

3 December 2016

Reindeer And Robin FUN Bar



Fun is always a product that I forget to use - what with the extortionate number of shower gels and jellies that I currently own. Aside from any seasonal releases and limited editions, I never feel the need to add a bar to my basket when I'm picking up my regular products or simply browsing a store. Yet it's one that I rekindle my love for whenever I remember to take one into the bathroom with me. 

Designed to be both affordable and fun, these bars are as versatile and as effective as they are great value for money, and are the perfect stocking filler for fans old and new. For children, they offer a great incentive to have a bath, where they can get creative and make the experience a little more interesting for themselves; for adults, we can reap all of the benefits of this multi-use item while also satisfying that inner child at the same time.

Reindeer And Robin FUN is one of three new limited edition versions to make an appearance this season, and is perhaps one of my all-time favourite FUN variations over all. Sporting a brown, red, white and yellow design; a set of paper antlers and some dairy free chocolate buttons for decoration, this bar is all set for you to make your very own array of Christmas animals. 

While it may be the least visually beautiful out of the three seasonal FUN bars (who really wants to wash themselves with a brown soap?), you only have to peel back the wrapper to reveal a fragrance so delicious, that you'd be hard-pressed not to want to eat it.

Containing both lime oil and pepper oil, this FUN bar is described as being cola-scented, and I have to say that this is exactly what my initial impression of it was when I tried it out for the first time. The lime oil is not as sharp or as citrusy as the likes of Calacas and Nightwing. Instead, it's a very warming, creamy fruity smell - a little like a lime-scented buttercream on top of a vanilla cupcake.

Alongside this, the black pepper adds a rounded, rather aromatic element to the FUN bar, that doesn't smell anything like the spicy condiment that you grind over your food, nor like the rich, peppery note that's found in anything Lord Of Misrule scented. Instead, it almost deepens the lime smell so that it's far more long-lasting when in use and slightly different to anything else that Lush have released with lime as the key ingredient. 

It reminds me of cola bottle candy, just without the fizzy element that is normally present because of the sugar. While it's definitely a very foody smell, and not one that I'd say is in any way complex, it is really delicious - one that children and adults with a sweet tooth will definitely enjoy. Furthermore, when a chocolate chip slips into the piece you're using, you get a rich, decadent note of chocolaty goodness to contend with as well. Yum!

As with all of Lush's versatile bars, this one can be used in a variety of different ways - crumbled under the running tap to aid a bubble bath, or massaged into the hair for an alternative to shampoo. The most popular choice is to break a small piece off and massage it across your skin, much like a solid shower gel. No matter how you choose to use this FUN bar, the same results are always heeded; your hair and skin will feel super soft and clean, and the wonderful fragrance will linger on your body for an hour or two after you've towelled yourself down. 

This particular bar produces creates either a rusty-red or brown lather (depending on what part of the bar you use) and smells really strong throughout the entire experience. At first, I was a little worried about staining as there were  quite a few splashes of brown across bath tub. However, I quickly discovered that these splodges wash off with ease. Having said that, I would recommend that you're careful when using this around anything that could stain, as I can imagine that if any of suds were to get onto clothing, it would cause a bit of a mess.   

What is really great about Reindeer And Robin is that I could still detect the delectable scent on my skin over an hour after I had towelled myself down, and this stayed with me as I settled down to sleep. While I may have gone to bed with my mouth salivating, I sure enjoyed waking up to the smell of sweet limes on my pillow. 

Overall, this is by no means a product that has changed my life, or indeed one that offers anything particularly ground-breaking. However, the smell is really beautiful and I will be buying a number of these before the seasonal products fly off the shelves for good.

Quantitative Ingredients: Cornflour, Talc, Glycerine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Perfume, Persian Lime Oil, Aniseed Oil, Black Pepper Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Gardenia Extract, *Citral, *Limonene, Bronze Splendour and Rosie Red Lustre, Colour 19140:1, Colour 19140, Colour 14700, Colour 17200, Dark Chocolate.

Vegan?: Yes.

2016 Price: £5.95 for 200g.

Year Of Original Release: 2016. 


   

2 comments

  1. Bought this last night when I walked past Lush on the Kings Road in London. I wasn't quite ready to head back to the south coast for the day and hadn't picked anything up from the Oxford Street store. Had a mooch in and found this. Love the smell, bit like cola sweets to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had such a negative reaction to a Lush scent then I did with Reindeer and Robin fun. To me, it didn't smell like cola, it kind of reminded me of car air fresheners. There's something about the combination of scents which created an almost citronella fragrance. Suffice to say it's not my favourite this year!

    ReplyDelete


UP