Recently

4 June 2015

Rosy Cheeks Face Mask


I might as well say this now; if you dislike rose in anyway, shape or form, you will absolutely detest this face mask. Buying this product would be like trying to order from a steak house when you're a vegetarian; it would be like trying to ingest ice-cream when you're allergic to dairy; it would be the same as attempting to swim across a river ladened with hungry crocodiles without getting attacked. 

It doesn't take a genius to work out that Rosy Cheeks is all about the 'rose'. With the ingredients list being packed full of components that originate from the popular flower - rose clay, rose petals and rose oil, these elements all help to create a face mask that both looks and smells like a floral-lover's dream. 

Designed as more of a soothing face mask, the main ingredient featured here is calamine oil which is known for its calming properties. Traditionally used in medicinal ointments as an antiseptic, this natural powder is known for being gentle on the skin - balancing out the skin's natural PH levels, calming stressed or overworked complexions, alleviating spot breakouts and reducing overall redness.

Coupled with the rose clay - an ingredient commonly used to clean, purify and detoxify the skin by drawing impurities from the pores, this face mask is the perfect remedy for those who want to give their complexion a much needed break. This product will not only leave your skin silky-smooth to the tough, but will alleviate redness and calm any unwanted 'rosiness' - hence the name. 

If you hadn't already guessed, Rosy Cheeks has a very strong and rather powdery rose aroma. Sitting somewhere between a bunch of fresh flowers and a pot of dried petals, this face mask packs a real punch and is definitely not suitable for anyone who dislikes strong floral aromas. 

Once the mask has been applied, you're supposed to leave it on your face for a good 15 - 20 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. What is interesting about Rosy Cheeks is that this is a face mask that dries quite quickly and has an almost clay-like consistency once it is on the face. While most other face masks that I have used from Lush have dried and then flaked off afterwards, this one holds set for the entire 20 minutes and becomes quite oily when it's being washed off. 

While I don't suffer from sensitive skin, I found that this face mask left my complexion feeling really clean, clear and rather radiant, and while my face wasn't suffering from a breakout or being particularly overworked at the time, I did get a sense of calmness from using it. 

Although it's not my favourite face mask from Lush, I really enjoyed using this one and would definitely buy it again. If you want something a little decadent for your skin - something that smells lovely and will leave your face feeling really clean and smooth, this is the face mask for you. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Rose Clay (Kaolinite), Rose Petals (Rosa centifolia), Perfume, Rose Oil (Rosa damascena), Benzyl Alcohol, Lilia, Citronellol, Geraniol. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £6.50 each. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

6 comments

  1. Just bought this yesterday! Do you normally put on the mask after washing and cleansing the face, then you wash off the mask with water and then tone and moisturise? I love the smell of Rosey Cheeks, the colour is pretty too though it did feel a bit stuffy on my face. Also wanted to point out that the mask is £6.50, just like all the other fresh masks, not 6.95

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I sometimes apply it after washing my face, whereas sometimes I apply it directly to my face before washing and then just rinse it off in the shower. However, like you I tend to tone and moisturise afterwards. I get what you mean about being 'stuffy' - it sets quite rigidly doesn't it? Much stickier and more 'intense' than all of the other vegan face masks available from Lush.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love the smell of roses! I haven't seen this mask before (I'm usually a Mask of Magnaminty girl) so I'm very excited about this :)

    Lovely Witches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather lovely, and if you love Rose, you'll be in for a real treat. Did you manage to pick up the Rose And Lemon face mask that brought out in the kitchen on Wednesday?

      Delete
  3. What fresh facemask from Lush is your favourite?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Useful information shared.. I got good information to read this article, thanks for giving us nice info. Fantastic walk-through. I appreciate this post.
    best lip scrub in gujranwala

    ReplyDelete


UP