Recently

23 June 2015

Foot Soak And Fancy Free Foot Soak



As a teacher, I am on my feet for the most part of the day. This means that they are the part of my body that takes the most flack. Whether it's during my walk to and from work every morning, while I am in the classroom teaching or throughout my heavy workouts that I complete when I get home, my feet are normally exhausted by the time Friday evening comes around. 

This is why I was really excited to try out Lush's new Foot Soak And Fancy Free - a solid foot soak designed to freshen up, soften up and perk up those overworked parts of your body. With only a handful of seemingly natural ingredients, I was intrigued to see just how well it worked on me. With my feet being very hard parts of my body to please, I was expecting a lot. 

Aside from the ingredients added to make the product fizz in the water, Irish Moss is the main ingredient used to improve the condition of your feet. Harvested from the coastlines of Europe, this form of seaweed is known for its amazing softening properties and works especially well for those with sensitive skin. My feet were only submerged in the soak for a few minutes before I could already feel the improvement it had made to my skin, and I put this heavily down to the inclusion of this miracle ingredient. 

As well as moss, FSAFF also contains a generous helping of fine sea salt - a component famous for how beneficial it is on the skin. Acting as a natural cleanser, this mineral also works on softening and moisturising the feet - hydrating and replenishing whilst removing unwanted dead skin without drying them out. 

This product also boasts a combination of chamomile, lavender and tagetes oil - the former two working on nourishing the feet without causing any irritation, while the former uses its natural antimicrobial abilities to remove unwanted bacteria and fungal issues - leaving the feet clean and clear of possible infections. While this soak won't heal ingrained issues, it will prevent the build up of bacteria that could lead to more serious issues. 

How it works is as follows: simply split the tablet in half and add it to a bowl of water. Take up your favourite chair, grab yourself a book and submerge your feet beneath the water. A good 30 minutes is a perfect amount of time to let your feet relax, and after this time I found that my feet felt incredible and very much improved. While my video shows the accumulation of debris on the surface, I can assure you that this sinks pretty quickly and you won't end up having to pick out the seaweed at the end. 

Not only did my feet feel soft and supple between my fingers, but the dryness around a couple of my toes had all but vanished once they had been towelled down. While the soak doesn't have a particularly strong smell - a very gentle jasmine and tagetes aroma if anything, I found that Foot Soak And Fancy Free had all but eradicated the slight odour that had been present before due to my heavy workout.  

This gave me the perfect opportunity to apply Go Faster Feet Foot Lotion and enjoy feet that felt and looked better than they have done so in years. While this is definitely not replacing my much-loved Volcano Foot Mask, this soak will be a product that I will buy regularly and use most weeks. 

For £3.95, this might seem like a rather expensive indulgence - especially given that it's the same price as one of Lush's regular bath bombs. However, you can halve it and get two uses out of it, and I'd even go as far as to say that you could probably third it and still get three top-quality soaks out of it, which is great value for money. This has now become one of my favourite products from the new flagship store and I only hope that they bring out more items like this in the near future.


Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Irish Moss Powder (Chondrus crispus), Fine Sea Salt, Carrageenan Extract (Chondrus crispus), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), French Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Tagetes oil (Tagetes minuta), Amyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Perfume. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 



6 comments

  1. Wow, I'm so jealous! The only Lush foot product available here in the Philippines is Fair Trade Foot Lotion. I hope they star carrying more here, I've been praying for Volcano Foot Mask ever since I read your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't have Volcano Foot mask over there? You poor poor thing haha! Lush are being cruel not letting you have that!

      Delete
  2. I bought this when it was on the Kitchen a few weeks ago thanks to your review, and got to try it out tonight! On your suggestion I tried splitting it in half, but the bar broke into 3 similar-sized pieces, so I went with a third. It was so lovely, and like you said, my feet felt super soft afterwards. The scent was nice for neutralising any odours, but not one of my favourites. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you found my review useful and that you got such enjoyment out of it. Once it's in the water, the smell is fairly fine isn't it? It's just when it's fresh out of the packet...yuck!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


UP