Recently

4 June 2015

Big Bang Bubble Bar



While I am fast approaching the end of my twenties, I still find something very alluring and rather exciting about brightly coloured products - in the cosmetics world as well as outside. There is something about the vivid, fluorescent designs released by Lush that coaxes the inner child in me to come through a little stronger than usual. This product inspired no less.

Big Bang Bubble Bar was a slightly late arrival to the Oxford Street store; one that caused quite a stir when the pictures started appearing online earlier last month. Currently one of the brightest products in the shop, this unique bubble bar is also topped with a bath melt - a feature that makes it wonderfully moisturising and just that little bit more special. 

Containing an impressive array of butters, oils and syrups, this bubble bar is like a feast for your skin. With grapefruit, lemon myrtle and tangerine oil as key ingredients, Big Bang has a beautiful, zesty citrus aroma that isn't that far off smelling like both Speedboat FUN and Each Peach And Two's A Pair Massage Bar.  

What was surprising was that while the product gave off a lovely lemony scent, when the bath melt came into contact with the water I found that it smelt of raspberry bubblegum - something I wasn't expecting and only added to the allure of the bubble bar even more. 

Alongside the oils, this product also features avocado butter, cocoa butter, olive oil and rice syrup - all components that make this bathing companion incredibly nourishing on the skin. The latter ingredient in particular, which is only featured in this and Lush's new face mask, Don't Look At Me, not only works at holding the ingredients together, but has many skin benefits as well. 
When used in cosmetics, this component has moisturising and healing properties that help to improve circulation under the skin and soothe inflammation that may occur for those with sensitive skin. In doing this, rice syrup supports and encourages healthy, better moisturised and clearer skin - ultimately leaving you feeling incredible. 

As if this bubble bar wasn't impressive enough, once it has been crumbled under the running water, it creates a stunning display of colour in the tub. The rich and very refreshing shade of blue remains present throughout your entire bath and helps to invigorate those senses and wake you up first thing in the morning. 
   
Although I found Big Bang to be slightly rigid and dry when I was attempting to crumble it under the tap, once it has fully dissolved it left a thick, fragrant layer of bubbles that worked like a blanket while the gorgeous zesty aroma remained prominent for the entire hour I was submerged. Furthermore, I only needed to use half of the product to get this result. 
Despite knowing that I was going to love this bubble bar even before I had used it, I didn't realise just how much I would appreciate it. When this becomes regularly available to buy online and in-store, it'll be one I keep a stock off so that I can use it whenever I need a little 'pick me up'. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream Of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cornflour (Zea mays), Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima), Perfume, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Organic Lemon Myrtle Oil (Backhousia Citriodora), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea), Rice Syrup, Citric Acid, Laureth 4, Glamour Gold, Green and Dazzling Red (Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide), Yellow Lustre, Benzyl Benzoate, Citral, Limonene, Colour 17200, Colour 45410, Colour 42090, Colour 45380:1.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 



4 comments

  1. I can't wait to try this one it looks so beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only agree to the Anon above me. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was waiting for you to review this as I saw that you bought it- I've got one that I can't wait to try! The smell is just gorgeous and I can't wait to see the colour in the bath :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one is beautiful . I agree about the colors, I tend to lean towards the colorful Lush products no matter if I like the smell or not.. brings out the inner child in me. Hope I can get some of these in the Kitchen tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete


UP