Recently

19 January 2015

Queen Of Hearts Facial Soap




The Queen of Hearts is one of the most infamous fictional characters of our time - an impatient tyrant who rules the Wonderland with a heavy hand and has a particular interest in beheading anyone who she disagrees with. How this well-known figure relates to a cosmetic, I'm not sure, but I cannot deny that this is a great name for a soap.

Queen Of Hearts was a soap that first made its appearance almost 15 years ago  - a soft, creamy soap designed specifically for those with sensitive or easily irritated skin. With almond oil and cocoa butter to moisturise, and a combination of rose infusion and rose absolute to give it its beautiful scent, this soap boasts multiple super powers. Furthermore, alongside the inclusion of glycerine, this product shouldn't dry out your skin - in theory.

To look at, this soap is rather plain - a shade of caramel-brown with strips of white glycerine throughout the middle. On all sides of this soap, I noticed that there seems to be a thin, hardened layer that makes the soap look like it has dried out. However, if you skim this away, you'll see that it's shiny and moist inside. Whether this outer shell was formed because it's dried out over the last few months or whether it's part of the design, I'm not too sure, but it doesn't make it look very appealing at all. 
Combining rose, violet and geranium has worked well for this soap - the scent almost mimics that of what fresh roses smell like. It gives off a wonderfully natural, fresh flower fragrance, with just a subtle powdery element that helps to keep the fragrance on your skin for many hours after you have used it. It's not a sweet rose scent like Lush's Rose Jam collection, it's more like the latest incarnation of Charity Pot, but stronger and slightly musky. 

What I didn't realise about this soap before I started using it, was that it was designed as more of a facial soap, although it can be used across your entire body if you choose. Much like other complexion soaps that I have used in the past, this one produces less of a fluffy, soapy lather and more of a thick, slightly oily sun. This can either be generated between the palms of your hand and then applied that way, or gently rubbed across the surface of your face and then massaged with your fingers.

In it's favour, a 250g piece of Queen of Hearts lasted me almost six months, which is rather impressive. For those that love this soap, it's definitely one of the longer lasting one and works out great value for money because of this. What surprised me most of all was that I found it to be incredibly moisturising on my face. As someone who has quite a dry complexion, I was amazed to find that my skin felt radiant and smooth after the initial use, and this soap was able to maintain this for the whole time I was using the product.

On average, I used Queen Of Hearts about three to four times a week, and found that my skin retained a glow to it that I didn't have before. I found that my chin broke out in spots less than I was used to, no doubt because of the fact that my pores were far cleaner and clearer than before. Furthermore, I also found that the condition of my hands improved as they were exposed to this soap as well.

While you could use this across your whole body and no doubt get amazing results, I was hesitant to do this, simply because I was worried that I would use up my single piece far quicker than I wanted to. This soap definitely captivated my heart and would be one I buy again, if it was to make an appearance in the Lush Kitchen.

Quantitative Ingredients: Rose Infusion (Rosa centifolia), Vegetable Soap, Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Perfume, Geranium Oil, Rose Absolute, Violet Leaf Absolute, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Cetearyl Alcohol (wax), Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.75 for 100g.

5 comments

  1. hey jen! i was wondering if you still had a piece of this im desperately in search of it since its the perfect face cleanser for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! I'm afraid I don't - I don't tend to keep my soaps too long because I prefer shower gels. Let's hope it makes an appearance in the kitchen soon!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking time to reply! I really do hope it pops up in the kitchen because I'm running dangerously low :(

      Delete
    3. It's in the Kitchen today!!!! Yay!

      Delete
  2. I just picked up some of this in the Kitchen and it is amazing! It really calms down the redness on my face. Love! Your review is spot-on!

    ReplyDelete


UP