Recently

9 November 2014

Ibiza Party Shampoo



In all fairness, I didn't really know what to expect when the bottle of Ibiza Party Shampoo arrived on my doorstep a few months back. Although I was rather excited that I had finally been able to obtain an item I'd been looking for, for some time, I was equally intrigued to find out what it smelt like and how it would work in my hair. 

Made using a combination of oat milk, jojoba oil, rose water and pimento berry, the shampoo's fragrance is hard to describe, and nothing like what I imagined it to smell like. Lush describe it as a shampoo for club-dwellers, hence it's name. However, I'm hard-pressed to explain what I imagined a clubber to smell like, so I cannot comment on whether it lives up to this or not.

Initially, I could detect the oat-milk and rose - a pairing that reminded me almost of my mother's homemade rice pudding that she used to make when we were little. A really strange comparison I know, but to me it smelt very similar to the layer of burnt sweetened condensed milk that me and my siblings would scrape off and demolish before consuming the rest of the desert. 
Alongside this I could detect the pimento berries, jojoba and lemon - a fresh collaboration that adds a naturally sweet and very unique floral aroma. Together, these elements all bring something vastly different but surprisingly complementary to the table, and produce a scent unlike anything else I've ever smelt from Lush. 

Ibiza Party is quite a light shampoo, yet you wouldn't think this from the consistency it holds in the bottle. White in colour and rather thick, I would suggest being very careful when you apply this. The first time I used it, I ended up pouring twice as much as I needed into my hand as the liquid came shooting out of the bottle before I had had a chance to stop it. 

This shampoo was created for two different purposes - to leave your hair looking and feeling shiny before a night out, and much like Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner, add a lasting fragrance to make you the best smelling person in the club. While the oat milk and rose water gently cleanse and moisturise your hair and scalp, the pimento berry and grapefruit add an uplifting fragrance to comfort you when the weariness begins to set in.

I discovered that Ibiza Party didn't heed as much foam as I would normally expect from a liquid shampoo, and I found myself adding more than I usually would - which would work out quite expensive if I used this regularly. 

Normally I apply my shampoo and then leave it for a few minutes to work it's magic. With most shampoos, solid and liquid, I find that I can still see and feel the foam on my head. However, with this product, it acted like a conditioner, in the fact that the product was absorbed into my hair really quickly and left no trace that it had even been applied. 
Furthermore, after I had rinsed it out, my hair did feel rather rough to touch and I found myself applying more conditioner than I normally would, in fear that my hair would look terrible when it had dried. 

Despite this, my hair did feel rather soft when it had dried naturally, and I could detect a hint of it's wonderful smell, although it's nowhere near as potent as Happy Happy Joy Joy. I wouldn't say that it made me want to go dancing after using it, but it did make me swish my hair around a little. I also got a few compliments from work colleagues about the wonderful smell I was 'radiating', which was nice. 

Overall, it does possess a wonderful smell and I would definitely be interested in a body lotion or cleanser with the same fragrance. However, I don't think it really suited my hair type, and it didn't make my hair feel or look as glossy and well-nourished as other shampoos have done in the past. For this reason I would not purchase again, although that's not say it wouldn't suit other hair wonderfully. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Oatmilk (Avena Sativa), Rose Water (Rosa Centifolia), Sodium Alkyl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauramide MIPA, Cocamide MEA, Glycol Cetearate, Propylene Glycol, White Wine Vinegar, Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinensis), Lemon Oil (Citrus Limonum), Pimentoberry Oil (Pimenta Officinalis), Grapefruit Oil (Citrus Grandis), Carnation Absolute (Dianthus Carophyllus), Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £11.50 for 250g.


2 comments

  1. remove makeup with aloe vera gel to make your skin. Just the cotton pad into the Aloe gel and wipe away the makeup from the skin. It is usual and moderate and can also be used for sensitive skin

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete


UP