Recently

10 November 2014

Gingerbread House Bubble Bar


Despite not being a big fan of ginger, I do rather like gingerbread biscuits and it's normally around this time of year that I crave them the most. Having overindulged over Christmas, I try to spend most of January getting over the seasonal binge, and I opt to lavish myself with wonderful baths that give me much gratification without the extra calories.

Gingerbread House Bubble Bar is a product that Lush first brought out many moons ago but has not been seen in recent years. This is surprising as it seems to be a very popular bath product amongst Lushies. With it's beautiful design and wonderful spicy fragrance, this product looks good enough to eat - I love that Lush have included sprinkles on the roof of the house, which really makes it look like a homemade cookie. 

This bubble bar is made up of many key ingredients that not only give it it's wonderful scent, but help to make this an amazing experience in the bath: Firstly, Lush have made sure that this bubble bar lives up to it's name - with both ginger powder and ginger essential oil, Gingerbread House gives off a fresh, spicy and seriously warming essence that intensifies with the heat of your bath. 

Next Lush have included a mixture of buchu and lemon oil - two ingredients that give this bubble bar a fruity aroma alongside the spices. You can detect the sweetness of the blackcurrant and the slightly zesty citrus notes when you first sniff this bubble bar, and again these scents come out in full force when added to the water. Finally, Lush have included a stick of cinnamon which not only represents the chimney in the decoration, but adds a festive kick that comes through in the bath. 

All of these ingredients not only make this bubble bar smell delicious but also work at producing a wonderfully soft and sensual bathing experience. I only had to submerge myself in the water for a few minutes to notice how velvety-smooth and nourished my skin felt. Furthermore, the addition of ginger also acts as a natural stimulant to warm your muscles and get the blood circulating around your cold, weathered body. 
As you can see from my video, I chose to use the entirety of the bubble bar to give myself a highly sensual and luxurious bathing experience. However, this product could easily be divided into three or four pieces and used over multiple baths. Each piece would create enough bubbles to fill your tub and provide you with the perfect aromatic bath during those cold evenings.

Gingerbread House Bubble Bar turns your water a beautiful warming orange colour and it stays vibrant throughout your entire experience. The sweet and spicy scent of ginger and lemon remain on your skin after you have exited the bath, and I could still detect this fragrance on my pillow the next day. 

I really enjoyed using this bubble bar and see no reason why Lush will not bring it back at some point. Unfortunately, while there is nothing obvious in the ingredients list, it turns out that this bubble bar is not vegan. I can only assume that the sugar sprinkles have milk in them, which is such a shame. It ticks all of the boxes in terms of great design, lovely smell and wonderful experience, and it's a bubble bar I wish was vegan so I could buy it again.

Quantitative Ingredients:Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate),Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Perfume, Ginger Oil (Zingiber officinale), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Buchu Oil (Barosma betulina), Ginger Powder (Zingiber officinale), Titanium Dioxide, Cinnamal, Limonene, Colour 15510, Sugar Sprinkles, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia).

Vegan?: No (I believe the sugar sprinkle make it not, although I am unsure)

2014 Price: ?





3 comments

  1. Have you seen that Lush have just announced the Once Upon a Time gift is coming to the kitchen? It contains Gingerbread house :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there - I did indeed see the Lush Kitchen release. In fact, it was this very reason that I wrote this review - for those who may have needed a little swaying on whether or not to purchase one :)

      Delete


UP