Recently

25 October 2014

Stepping Stone Foot Scrub



Unfortunately, when it comes to body scrubs and anything you wouldn't normally use in the shower, I always have a tendency to forget I've even purchased it in the first place. Such was the case with the Stepping Stone Foot Scrub, which I got as part of my Lush Legends gift box at the start of 2012, and I only managed to get around to using it today. It's such a shame that I held off using it until now; I absolutely love it. 

In all fairness, my feet are the one area of my body that probably gets the least amount of pampering, but suffer the most. I walk too and from work five days a week, and spend at least one day of my weekend traipsing around town, shopping. In addition, my large size 9 and a quarter feet are often squeezed into shoes that are slightly too small, meaning they really are put through their paces. 

I use Volcano once a fortnight, which works a treat to soften my feet and remove stubborn dry skin. However, until now, there's been no other product that has sparked my interest.

Stepping Stone is a foot-shaped scrub designed to pumice away dead skin, while softening and deodorising your feet. You only have to pick one up, to recognise how this product does the latter. Sharing the same scent as Lush's You've Been Mangoed bath melt, this scrub possesses a very strong, almost potent lemongrass and lime smell. This works well to give you an uplifting and refreshing fragrance after use, whilst banishing all of those nasty odours that overworked feet can develop. Additionally, I would suggest that you could probably use this scrub to fumigate boots and shoes, by simply leaving a slab of the stuff inside the footwear for a few hours/matter of days.  

To use, you can do one of the following; break off a piece and use it precariously in the shower, scrubbing over the stubborn dry patches, or all over, depending on what you want to get out of it; use the whole scrub to give your feet an intense pampering session and even break some into a bowl of hot water and allow your feet to rest for a while in the concoction. 

Either way, the product will fizz up immediately upon contact with water and get to work on the odours, while the scrubbing action will immediately soften your skin. Whatever you decide to do, know that Stepping Stone will disintegrate and dissolve very quickly once water is involved. So if you want to use it on separate occasions, you may wish to store the rest of the bar in a cool, dry area. 

What is great about this scrub, is that the antibacterial and uplifting lime, lemon and lemongrass oils,  take effect immediately; my feet really did feel smoother straight away, so much so that I almost slipped up in the bath! Furthermore, the addition of cocoa butter and organic jojoba oil stop feet from drying out and keep the skin supple.
Ultimately, what I love about Stepping Stone is how quickly it works it's magic, and how immediate you notice the results. My feet felt so soft and gentle after I used it, and the scent lingers on your feet for hours after use, meaning it keeps them fresh and odour-free for a long time after application. Also, Stepping Stone is great for those who want to freshen up their feet, but don't have the twenty to thirty minutes to let Volcano do it's magic.

I will definitely be buying this again. I only hope that Lush bring out a bigger range of feet products to give my morsels a well-deserved treat more regularly. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Pumice Powder, Citric Acid, Organic Jojoba Oil, Fine Sea Salt, Cocoa Butter, Lemongrass Oil, Gardenia Extract, Lemon Oil, Lime Oil, Water, Lycopodium Powder, Citral, Geraniol, Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2016 Price: £3.10 each.
2017 Price: £3.50 each.


4 comments

  1. Hey Jen, just wondering if there were other products that have a similar scent to this - maybe Avo? I haven't liked the smell of the YBM bath melts when I've smelt them, but I adore this scent (and am going back to stock up) and would love more things similar xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there - there is a new foot lotion in the Oxford Street store called Get Closer and this seems to have the same scent as this. Avobath and You've Been Mangoed are very similar but I see them as being slightly less 'bitter' with their citrus scents and more rounded. I can imagine you really loving those two though If you like Stepping stone. You'd probably love Each Peace (And Two's A Pair) Massage bar if you like tart citrus smells as well :)

      Delete
  2. When it comes to gift ideas for children, nothing beats the traditional stuffed animal, the one you can find at the local mall, or even a picture of your child on their birth certificate, which is a great idea. If You want to get more gift ideas for children, https://fortalent.com/blog/view/s/2019-01-30-birthdays-gift-ai-how-can-businesses-take-advantage-of-this-special-dayy/ .

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days, online shopping is on the rise in India and this is due to the fact that online shopping is the most convenient and easiest ways of buying things for your home and for your family. Apart from purchasing small items such as clothes, cosmetics and household appliances, it is also very much possible to buy large items such as furniture in India. There are a large number of online furniture shops in India that can make your shopping experience unforgettable. detox foot patches

    ReplyDelete


UP