Recently

18 October 2014

Pleasure Dough Bubble Bar



Recently, I've been on a real sweet and citrus binge when it comes to my Lush products, which is why I am head over heels in love with the current Christmas and Halloween ranges. When Lush first announced that they were bringing this odd little bubble bar out in the Kitchen, I cannot say I was particularly overjoyed with the idea.

Pleasure Dough sounds exactly as it looks - a strange earthy beige coloured blob with specks of brown littering the surface - just what you'd expect from a batch of cookie dough before it has been shaped and placed into the oven. However, where this differs from the edible kind, is the wonderful fragrance that this bubble bar offers it's user. 

Made using lavender, rose and peppermint, this bubble bar is an earthy, floral offering from Lush and one that I can imagine being a 'love it or hate it' sort of bar. It reminds me of the smell you might find upon walking into somebodies greenhouse full of homegrown herbs - a gorgeous fresh, natural aroma that brings the outdoors into your bathroom.

It is the lavender that dominates this scent - not the malty kind that you would expect in Twilight-scented products, nor the slightly sweeter version you would find in A French Kiss Bubble Bar. Instead, Pleasure Dough is an uplifting and rather grassy-smelling bar. The addition of both dried rose petals and rose absolute means that you can detect a gentle, floral undertone which elevates the lavender while giving the bubble bar a little more warmth. 

Finally, you can also make out the subtle peppermint, which sits at the bottom of the three scents and only reveals itself fully when the bubble bar is being used. While being stored, the mint element gives Pleasure Dough a crisp, cool element to the aroma, that makes this a perfect product to use when you're in most need of a break. 

I used half of this bubble bar and found that it was more than enough to create a bath with a good amount of bubbles. The scent that half a bar yields is impressively strong, and I should warn you that this will linger in the bathroom for quite some time. 

Made to the personal private recipe of Ninan de Lenclos, legendary courtesan from the time of Louis XIV, it contains flower petals and oils to stimulate the senses and to soften the skin. It's a bubble bar that is best used when you have enough time to divulge in a long soak and can appreciate the essential oils and the relaxing fragrance for a sustained amount of time. 
This bubble bar makes the water incredibly soft and silky and leaves your skin feeling really glossy and nourished. While the bar turns the water a rather murky-looking colour, the combination of scent and how clean and moisturised you feel during and afterwards, means that this bar can be forgiven for not being the prettiest of the bunch. 

My only complaint with this bubble bar, as it is with any other Lush product of this nature, is that the many petals and pieces of herbs that get expelled when the bar is being used, means that this is quite a messy experience. I found that the petals sunk very quickly to the floor but I still managed to get some in my hair and stuck to my body when I exited the bath. I would stipulate that if like me you dislike baths with 'extra bits', the best thing to do is pop the bubble bar in a nylon sock and then hold it under the tap to create bubbles - this will stop the rose petals escaping and will allow for a clean, mess-free bath. 

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with how much I enjoyed using this bar and I am so glad that I invested in a generous handful before they disappeared from the Lush Kitchen. I would assume that they'll make a comeback in the foreseeable future, and I highly recommend that you pick yourself up one to try.
Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Dried Rose Petals *Rosa centifolia), Perfume, Dried Lavender Flowers, (Lavendula oangustifolia), Lavender Oil, Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Dried Peppermint Leaf (Mentha piperita), Cinnamal, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.50 each.
2016 Price: £3.95 each.
2017 Price: £3.95 each.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP