Recently

16 October 2014

Fizzy O' Therapy Bath Bomb




I can say with confidence that Fizzy-o-Therapy is probably the strangest, uniquest and definitely the most interesting bath bomb that Lush have ever released. Featuring ginger, cloves, cinnamon, coriander and mustard, this isn't a bath bomb that many people would gravitate towards immediately. However, after having a sleepless night and being a little sore from my workouts, I thought this would be the perfect remedy.

If you’re feeling achy or under the weather, if you’ve been over-exercising or even if you’ve just been out in the cold, you’ll want something warming and soothing in your bath. Fizzy O’ Therapy claims to be the bath bomb to aide your recovery and wash away those blues. This product has got a mixture of spicy herbs to invigorate those senses and banish those snuffly colds, with mustard powder giving this ballistic a spicy kick to clear the sinuses and make you feel well again. There's also the inclusion of ginger here, to stimulate your pores and give a warming effect on your skin, which is great if you've over-worked your muscles.

On receiving the Fizzy O' Therapy ballistic in the post, I was little underwhelmed by it's size and colour; it's a creamy-beige colour with little flecks littered all over it's shell. However, I was intrigued by it's smell. It had a lovely comforting spicy scent, not unlike the Hot Toddy bubble Bar or Phoenix Rising Ballistic, but this fragrance was somewhat fresher and more natural smelling. It smells as if someone has thrown a load of herbs together and then pressed it into a bath bomb - the ginger and cinnamon making the biggest impression.


My flatmate commented that this bomb had a slight minty scent to it, which I can definitely pick up as well. However, this is strange as there's no mention of any mint-scented ingredients featured. This piquancy was very strong when the product was in it's wrapper, but it somewhat lost most of it's smell when it had been dissolved in the bath, which was disappointing. 
Furthermore, I discovered other unwelcome traits when the ballistic had dispersed. Firstly, the colour of the water was less than appealing - it started out with golden, creamy swirls that reminded me of the top of a Starbucks latte. However, once these colours started merging together, it makes it look like you're bathing in a rather putrid-coloured wee. Yuck!

Also, Fizzy O' Therapy produced a rather thick layer of powered flecks that I think were pieces of clove. These littered the outside of the tub and sunk to the bottom, where the residue felt like I was sitting on a layer of sand for the entire experience. When I exited the bath, I found that I was covered in this annoying powdery stuff that I had to wipe away before I left the bathroom. I could solve this problem by placing the ballistic into a foot-tight, which would stop the flecks of clove littering the bath. However, I don't know how much that would effect the productivity of the bath bomb.

Finally, the scent pretty much dispersed as soon as it hit the water, and I didn't get to enjoy the wonderful aroma that I was hoping for. Overall, this bath bomb was a disappointment. It didn't perform well in the bath and I wasn't left with any nice scent on me to help counteractive my snuffles. Adding to that, I was left with a disgusting, dirty bath tub that was littered with this nasty residue, which I then had to clean up afterwards. Not very relaxing at all!

However, in it's defence, Fizzy O' Therapy did make my skin feel nice and smooth, my muscles did seem slightly less taut than they were before, and I did feel somewhat revigorated once I had towel-dried myself off so it does have it's merits. Perhaps using the tight-sock would yeald a much more effective outcome and I plan on trying this again tonight to see what happens. Having said that, despite it's few benefits, I can get these same results from other, more interesting and less annoying bath bombs. Therefore, I won't be buying this again.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Ginger Powder, Mustard Powder, Clove Bud Oil, Cinnamon Leaf Oil, Coriander Oil, Eugenol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £2.75.
2016 Price: £3.25.
2016 Price: £3.50.






4 comments

  1. This definitely sounds like a very unique bath bomb! I like trying new things for when I shower and take baths, and bath bombs are really great. I would really like to find some new things to use, because I've been using a lot of bath bombs lately. It would be great to also find some good lotions and bath soaps as well. Thanks for the great post on this awesome bath bomb! http://www.swankdecorgiftsandmore.com/listing.asp?dept_id=10010&nopopup=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And I agree that it definitely is a unique and rather strange bath bomb - definitely a love it or hate it sort of product. Unfortunately, I put myself in the latter bracket.

      Delete
  2. It's possible that the minty kick is actually the cloves! They can seem minty and can numb the tongue quite like strong peppermint (though one hopes nobody is eating bath bombs).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly - I see what you mean about the 'minty' elements of cloves - they can be quite strong! Your comment about people eating bath bombs made me chuckle - I bet there are many people who have tried to eat them in the past!

      Delete


UP