Recently

5 February 2018

Seven Deadly Spins Bubble Spinner



There are trends that are short-lived and ones that are long-lasting. Luckily, the fidget spinner is one of the former, which is why I don't envisage too many more  of these creations being released by Lush. Harry Potter on the other hand, holds longevity for the millions of fans around the globe, which is why this limited edition was a popular feature in this year's Easter range. 

Shaped to look like the famous golden snitch - an object used in the fictional game of Quidditch - this reusable bubble bar contains a combination of bergamot and benzoin resinoid to give the user a bright, sweet and rather fruity fragrance. 
While Lush claim that this is a new scent, there are definitely references here to many of the company's previously released bubble bars and bath bombs, most notably the fairly new Cheer Up Buttercup Bath Bomb, the limited edition Berry Berry Christmas Shower Gel and the much-loved retro soap, Sandstone.

This bubble bar is definitely led by a zesty note, although you may be surprised to learn that the scent of this is not as strong as most of Lush's brighter fragrances usually are. In fact, I was rather surprised by how suppressed the aroma seemed to be in this format, and it only grew fractionally stronger when in the water.

Whether it was because I was feeling greedy or just a product defect but I found that this bubble spinner was only really suitable for two separate baths. Usually I can stretch a good 4-5 experiences out of every reusable bubble bars. However, this one needed to be held under the tap for quite a while to create a good amount of both bubbles and scent in the water, and it also became quite loose after the initial use.
For those unfamiliar with bubble spinners, the idea is that you hold these under the running tap and allow the flow of the water to spin the bar - creating the same motion that a regular fidget spinner in known for. As Lush's reusable bubble bars are so compact, the product can be used across multiple baths: simply pat the spinner down after you've produced as many bubbles as you want and then store it somewhere until you wish to use it again. 

Despite the golden lustre coat, I didn't find the bath to be all that glittery at all, and there certainly wasn't any annoying sparkly stuff on my skin afterwards. Furthermore, the golden design turned out to be rather misleading because the water became a beautiful, bright neon green colour, which I was not expecting at all.

Despite my mild aversion to reusable bubble bars - as I feel they are less moisturising than the regular bubble bars - I found that this one was actually a little more nourishing on the skin. Although I still felt the need to use a body lotion afterwards, I could appreciate that my skin felt smooth and soft after using this in the bath, and there were even traces of oils on the surface for a short while after I had run my bath.

Having said that, the scent of this wasn't very strong in the water at all, and I certainly wasn't able to detect anything on my skin afterwards. For this reason, I feel that I would use this as part of a cocktail next time - to give my bath vibrancy rather than to offer much in the way of smell.
Overall, Seven Deadly Spins automatically sells itself to Harry Potter fans; consumers who love everything glittery; and those still interested in the modern fidget spinner craze. Aside from this, I feel like this seasonal special is not going to feature in anyone's favourite lists, and I cannot see this making a reappearance next year for this very reason. However, I would like to point out that I would definitely appreciate the fragrance in other formats. While it's not original or exciting by any means, I cannot resist anything fruity or zesty, and this fits both of those boxes.       

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Bergamot Oil, Perfume, Litsea, Cubeba Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Titanium Dioxide, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica Tin Oxide, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 45350, Colour 77492.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.


coming soon! 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP