Recently

17 February 2018

Incredible Mum Bath Bomb



I'll be honest and say that it took me quite a while to adjust to the Mother's Day range this year, most notably because I was rather bitter that Yummy Mummy Shower Cream hadn't made a reappearance. Although I still have a 500g bottle left to indulge in, it is normally this seasonal range that offers the scents that I most desire out of the five major releases each year. This year however, there has been a complete turn around and it's thrown me out of my comfort zone a little.

For this reason, I didn't twig that I really loved the smell of Incredible Mum Bath Bomb until I was sitting in the bath, watching it dissolve away before my very eyes. Only then did I realise that there was perhaps something special about this brand new fragrance and that I wanted to experience more.

As far as ingredients lists go, this limited edition doesn't exactly jump off the page as being anything special. Bergamot and ylang ylang oils, as well as orange flower absolute, suggest that its going to be somewhat floral. And it is. But this scent has far more character than you would initially expect it to. 

To me, Incredible Mum has a smell that could almost be described as possessing a violet note. There is something rather sweet and musky about the floral components that give me that impression. In fact, I love that all three ingredients are so well combined that it's difficult to smell each note independently. This creates a bath bomb that possesses a rich, comforting and very warming smell - nothing like you would expect from a bath bomb labelled as floral.

Even if you're not a fan of floral fragrances, I would highly recommend that you try this one out, as it's not your typical floral smell, and instead reminds me a little of the sweetness of Tuca Tuca Liquid Perfume. Although I've referenced the violet element twice now, those who dislike violet scents should still consider using one of these for certain.

In the water, Incredible Mum gets to work by sending out waves of beautiful, vibrant foam across the surface of the tub. Gorgeous yellows and oranges and pinks form into swirls and patterns as the bath bomb slowly dissolves into a stunning peach-coloured water. This is a bath bomb that you can enjoy whilst submerged under the water, as I found it took almost fifteen minutes to fully dissolve.

What you are left with is a tub full of softening water that wraps itself around your body and leaves it feeling smooth and soft to the touch. The scent lingers around the bathroom as you bathe and it leaves you with a huge smile upon your face. Decadence is the word I would use to describe the experience you get with one of these limited editions. 

While I wouldn't day that this bath bomb was the strongest I've had, it did remain present throughout my bath and lingered in the air for a long time afterwards. I didn't notice any fragrance on my skin afterwards, but I know others have noted this so it may well have been my weakened senses after a cold.

Overall, this is a lovely bath bomb from Lush and I really appreciate yet another brand new fragrance to enjoy. Although I would definitely buy another one of these again in the future, I would much prefer the scent to be made into different products, as a shower gel, massage bar or perfume would be an absolute luxury.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Bergamot Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, Cream of Tartar, Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene, Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol Lauryl Betaine *Limonene *Linalool Butylphenyl Methylpropional Coumarin Perfume, Colour 45350, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £3.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP