Recently

5 January 2018

Green Planet Naked Shower Gel



Green Planet Naked Shower Gel epitomise everything that Lush stand for, and everything that I am proud of them for working towards. Firstly, the fact that this is a naked shower gel shows how far the company have come in 2018. For those unfamiliar with the concept of a 'naked shower gel', this is not just another way of saying 'soap'. Lush have taken all of the key components of a liquid gel and found a way to solidify it. The product acts much like the bottled version but is far more environmentally conscious all around. And it works!

Secondly, this particular edition has been made purposely to showcase ingredients that help to 'work hard for the earth as well as for your skin.' Lush have collected a range of ingredients that are not only ethical and mindful, but ones that are going to make you feel physically amazing afterwards too.

This naked shower gel features sunflower petals, which are known to remove Co2 from the environment; eucalyptus that improves the fertility of soil; and Japanese rapeseed oil that is detoxifying land affected by the 2011 Fukushima disaster. 

To begin with, I did find that Green Planet is a little 'wetter' than the other naked shower gels that I have tried so far. While this one dries fairly quickly, it does appear to remain sticky even when it hasn't been used in a good many hours. For this reason, just be aware that you may need to keep this away from other items as it may rub off on them.

Having said that, this naked shower gel smells gorgeous: a combination of lemon, lime and elemi oils to produce a gentle, bright and fruity smell. Having read other people's reviews on this limited edition beauty, I do agree that the smell it emits is definitely similar to the fizzy drink, Sprite. However, it is not in any way bubbly; neither is it as strong in fragrance.

What impressed me the most with Green Planet is that is was easily the most generous and easy to use naked shower gel that I have used to date. I only had to wet my hands slightly to produce an abundance of thick, creamy lather to wash myself with. For this reason, I would highly suggest that you either slice the gel into smaller pieces or you massage it between your palms, out of the way of the running water. Both of these strategies will allow for you to stretch out the life of this product, making it better value for money. I can easily envisage this lasting the same amount of time that a 500g bottle would usually last me.

On the skin, the lather immediately moisturises your skin, and I was impressed with how quickly it made a difference. The inclusion of the rapeseed oil helps to soften, while the mushrooms brighten your skin at the same time. Furthermore, the inclusion of the eucalyptus oil soothes the skin and supports those with more sensitive skin-types, that don't want their pores irritated or inflamed.

Upon leaving the shower, I was disappointed to find that the fragrance doesn't stay on the skin at all. However, I was impressed that hands and arms, legs and face all felt smooth and velvety-soft, and I genuinely haven't had such a profound result from using any of Lush's other naked shower gels. 

Ultimately, this is definitely a shower gel that I would buy again. While I would argue that the fragrance would be better if it was made stronger, I cannot fault how it made my skin look and feel; nor the benefits of the ingredients used on the environment as well as my body. This would do well as a permanent product, to showcase the amazing work that Lush do, and I hope this is something they will consider for the future.

Quantitative Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Sodium Coco Sulfate, Sunflower Petals Extracted In Propylene Glycol, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Stearate, Rapeseed Oil, Kaolin, Glycerine, Pioppino Mushrooms Extracted In Neem Oil, Lime Oil, Litsea Cubeba Oil, Lemon Oil, Elemi Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Citral, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 19140, Colour 42090, Colour 42090:2. 

Vegan?: Yes.

2018 Price: £8.00 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2018.

          

1 comment

  1. I have found that Tender is the night has lingered on my skin for a while.

    ReplyDelete


UP