Recently

18 November 2017

Running Man Reusable Bubble Spinner




As my review of Lush's original bubble spinner stated a few months ago, I was not particularly enamoured with the concept or the scent that it offered. As a teacher, the fidget spinner (and all of the problems that came with it) was the bane of my existence for a few months at the start of the year. However, I recognise that Lush like to stay in-keeping with the latest trends, so I understand the demand for it. 

Designed around one of the Cosmetics To Go catalogue covers, Running Man is the second fidget spinner bubble bar to come from the company. For those unfamiliar with Cosmetics To Go, this was the name of Lush before they changed their name. Back when the internet was a fairly new concept for online shopping, Lush would sell their products in both their shops as well as send out mail order catalogues for people to purchase products. One such cover featured a design similar to this bubble bar.

Running Man features a combination of lemon, mandarin and bergamot oils, and orange flower absolute, which offers a scent that Lush state supposedly shares its scent with The Olive Branch fragrance. While I can see the similarly in the scents, I wouldn't say that this is a direct replica of the scent at all, I found the orange flower absolute was more prominent in this format that any other.

For those not familiar with this smell, The Olive Branch is a gentle floral scent with light citrusy notes that create a sort of perfumed aroma. The bergamot oil adds a very gentle green aroma as well, which normally merges with the inclusion of vine leaves to give the aroma a slight Mediterranean smell.

Much like the other bubble spinner, this reusable bubble bar should be held under the running tap, where the water supposedly stimulates the movement of a bubble spinner and turns the product. Unfortunately, while the inclusion of the wooden centre is a great, environmentally friendly idea from Lush, I didn't find that I could get my spinner to work at all. While not really much of a problem, I would have appreciated at least a little movement before my experience.

On the positive side, as soon as Running Man comes into contact with the running water it creates lots of light, fluffy bubbles. However, the combination of blue and yellow turned the water a murky shade of green, which wasn't the most attractive of experiences. Having said this, the bubble is generous in the fact that this product could easily be used across at least two different baths, making it cheaper than a bath bomb for each use. 

As with all of Lush's reusable bars, I didn't find this one anywhere near as moisturising as a regular bubble bar. The water, when using these types of products, always feel slightly less nourishing than that of a bath bomb, and this was no exception. After using this, I either needed to add a bath oil into the water, to soften it a little more, or apply a body lotion afterwards to retain that moisture.

Overall, this is a fun, novelty product for those who have children - especially those that are hesitant to take a bath. However, the original bubble spinner is still the more endearing and most effective of the two, and I can imagine many people opting for that one over this one. Had The Olive Branch scent being more predominant in this product, I might have enjoyed this a little more, but I'll stick to my regular bubble bars from now on.

Quantitative Ingredients: Lemon Oil, Mandarin Oil, Bergamot Oil, Orange Flower Absolute.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2017 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.




No comments

Post a Comment


UP