Recently

2 July 2017

Big Sleep Jelly Bath Bomb



As someone who has chronic insomnia, I am always on the lookout for products that are going to help me drift off, or at the very least stop me from staring at the ceiling all night. While most cosmetics don't make much of an impact on my (not) sleeping patterns, this brand new invention from Lush sure helped me to feel a little more relaxed after using it in the tub.

Big Sleep Jelly Bath Bomb is one of three brand new, innovative inventions from Lush. Containing an ingredient known as sodium alginate, this new invention offers more than just a colourful display in the tub. As soon as this ballistic hits the water, it begins to create a jelly-like substance across the surface, which not only thickens the water overall, but helps to make this bath bomb far more moisturising than the regular editions. 

Containing a blanket of lavender, neroli, tonka and chamomile, this bath bomb has its own unique fragrance. However, there are similarities between this and both the Ickle Baby Devils and Ickle Baby Angels that made an appearance in the Kitchen last year. 

While I was expecting this bath bomb to be far more tonka-led, as I find that the ingredient can often dictate a fragrance with its potency, I was surprised to discover that it was governed more by the inclusion of the chamomile and lavender. 

To me, the aroma is a gentle, powdery concoction of chamomile with a thread of fresh and very natural-smelling lavender. The inclusion of the neroli gives Big Sleep a very subtle sweet but grassy element, while the tonka rounds the whole fragrance off with a gentle sprinkling of sweetness. I should point out that when I say that the neroli brings about a grassy aroma, I don't mean that this is in any way potent, just that it complements the lavender a little and brings out the fresh element a little more.

As to be expected, this bath bomb immediately begins to fizz on contact with the water. However, instead of twisting and turning while it projects out a display of colour, this one tends to bob on the surface and build up a puddle of foam, before dispersing it across the water. As with Green Coconut, I found that this one not only produced less jelly than Dark Arts, but it also didn't fully dissolve. A few pieces of the bath bomb were left floating on the surface and needed to be crumbled to disperse properly into the water.

I was really impressed by the wonderful turquoise colour that the water turned afterwards, and I found that I could detect the subtle notes of chamomile, lavender and tonka while I was submerged under the water. Much like Green Coconut, I also found that the jelly dissolved a lot easier in the water, and I didn't have to scrub myself or the bath afterwards to remove any excess slime.

What impressed me about Big Sleep was that it was incredibly moisturising, and it only took a matter of minutes for me to feel the impact the jelly was having on my skin. Although the smell had almost diminished on my skin when I had towelled myself down, I found that the impact of such a nourishing bath stayed with me for the most part of the day.

As a warning, I should state as I have done with both of the other jelly bombs, that getting into the bath will prove itself to be quite slippery ay first. Having said that, once you are settled into the water, Big Sleep offers a warm coven to lose yourself in, and hopefully allow you to have a restful night afterwards.

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Alginate, Lavender Oil, Neroli Oil, Tonka Absolute, Chamomile Powder, Cream of Tartar, Dipropylene, Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42053, Colour 42090, Colour 59040, Colour 47005.

Vegan?: Yes.

2017 Price: £4.95 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2017.







No comments

Post a Comment


UP