Recently

23 May 2017

Sweet ASA Facial Moisturiser


It's human nature to make mistakes, and as a vegan I know only too well that you can slip up from time to time - even if you're always making a conscious effort to ensure that everything you use and consume is animal-free. I wasn't too hard on myself then, when I discovered that the moisturiser I had been smearing on my face all weekend contained animal derivatives  Taking a positive from a negative situation, I can at least offer another review to help aid those who are tempted to grab a pot themselves.

Sweet ASA Facial Moisturiser made its debut in the Lush Kitchen in May of 2017. Yet, this is far from the first time it has ever been made available to the public. Years ago, before I was even a fan myself, Lush's sister company, B Never Too Busy To B Beautiful, released this product as one of their own. Disappearing when the company disbanded, it has not seen the light of day until recently.

What I found most interesting about this moisturiser is just how subtle a smell it holds. While both Celestial and Imperialis pertain what I'd call a 'gentle' scent, this one is by far one of the softness smells that Lush have ever offered. Known for their robust and sometimes overpowering fragrances, this is a welcome change for those who dislike anything too potent. 

Made from a base of oat milk and safflower, it is these two components that make up most of the aroma. Light and creamy, you can just make out a sweet, nutty aroma, with a light drizzle of honey thrown in for good measure. This is not a smell that I can imagine anyone being opposed to, and would perfectly suit those consumers who want something a little more lightly fragranced.

Despite being vegan, I can recognise the many benefits that honey offers the body. It not only helps the skin to retain its moisture, but acts as an antiseptic as well. This means that when used to clean or hydrate the skin, it also removes dirty and debris that may cause irritation or blocked pores. In addition, it also happens to be incredibly gentle and soothing, making it a perfect remedy for those with any form of sensitivity.

The inclusion of the soothing oat milk makes Sweet ASA an all-rounded great facial moisturiser for those who have to be careful with what they put on their skin. While I am lucky enough that I only have to deal with a few spot breakouts from time to time, I was definitely able to notice how much more 'settled' my complexion felt after only a couple of uses.

Normally when I apply most lotions to my face, I notice that certain areas will become blotchy over time, and will often then develop into dry patches when I stop using the product. With this facial moisturiser, I noticed that my face didn't seem to react at all after using this consistently for three days. And while I can't say that my complexion improved vastly, it certainly didn't feel as if it was going to head in the same direction.

What I will say about Sweet ASA is that it was a little stubborn to apply, despite its apparent thinness in the tub. At first I was convinced that it was more suited to oilier skin than mine, as I found massaging it across my face heeded a thin layer of 'residue' that I had to ensure was fully absorbed before applying any make up. Once applied however, I only had to wait a couple of minutes before I felt like the moisturiser was no longer present on the surface.

What I was left with was a smooth and very plump complexion - one that didn't feel greasy, yet one that had a slight shine to it, which added some much needed radiance to my life. For this reason, I worry that those with oilier complexions may find that this may retain a little too much moisture for their liking.   

Overall, I will say that I enjoyed using this product for the few days that I did before discovering it wasn't vegan. It was definitely a moisturiser that I would have liked to have continued using, to see what other benefits I might have discovered through doing so. Having said this, it is definitely not up to the standard of Almond Kisses, and the results I heeded would not have convinced me that I needed to invest in another pot. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Oat Milk, Safflower Oil, Fair Trade Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Clear Honey, Tincture of Benzoin, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Benzyl Cinnamate, Lanolin, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Vegan?: No.

2017 Price: £8.50 for 45g.

Year Of Original Release: ?


No comments

Post a Comment


UP