Recently

21 October 2016

Bubblebeard Reusable Bubble Bar


2012 was the year of the moustache - at least in a fashion sense at least. You couldn't walk past a shop without seeing clothes, bags, phone cases, even bedding, plastered with the stereotypically-shaped black hair strip. Who compelled companies to get everyone obsessed with the fashionable upper-lip attire I'll never know, but it's presence was inescapable. 

When Lush brought out the Bubblebeard Reuable Bubble Bar, I was not in the least bit surprised. Despite my refusal to buy anything moustache-related, I couldn't fight the urge to pick up one of these and did so with a somewhat amount of suppressed excitement.       

Just like Lush's other seasonal reusable bubble bar, Magic Wand, this product is designed to last across multiple baths, which makes it great value for money. I managed to get four good quality baths from this bar, which is not as many as other bars have heeded, but it still works out at about £1 per bath, which makes it better value than most other bubble bars and bath bombs.

How you use the bar is simple; just run a bath and then swirl the bubble bar around in the water, like you would a wand in the air. You'll find that the water begins turns a very slightly blue colour and within a few seconds, silky-soft bubbles begin to form. This part is probably the product's most appealing aspect; for one, it means you can choose how much to use each time, and secondly, the action of waving it like a wand, is a fun factor that kids will love.

Unfortunately, the reason why Bubblebeard didn't last as long as the likes of Magic Wand, The Mum and Madame Butterfly, is that I found myself swishing it around the water for a lot longer to get the desired amount of bubbles. I found that this reusable bubble bar was rather stubborn when it came to creating bubbles. Not to mention the fact that the second time I used this, the bar fell off of the stick, which made it harder for me to use afterwards. 

What I enjoyed about this product was it's scent. When it hits the water, it doesn't take long before the beautiful herbal, woody smell makes itself known. With sandalwood, cedarwood and lavender oil in this bar, you can definitely smell a fresh herbal lavender here, intertwined with a strong but gentle woody note. It's definitely a very wintery smell and makes a great change from the fruity, candy products that often dominate the Christmas range. At times, the fragrance even reminded me slightly of dried pine, which was lovely. What made it even better was that this fragrance stayed with me throughout the entire bathing experience and left a gentle herbal note on my skin afterwards.

Furthermore, this product was really moisturising and turned the water into liquid silk. It made my body feel really soft and nourished, and was a treat for my tired and parched skin. It gives you a very comforting bathing experience and I can see why people would turn to this for the much needed comfort that winter weather can inspire.

I can see this being a popular and rather fun unisex product around the Christmas period. However, it didn't leave enough of an impression to make me invest in it again. There are far too many other bubble bars that offer more bubbles, a nicer scent and a better, more well-rounded experience. 


Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Carbonate, Cream of Tartar, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerine, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cedarwood Oil, Lavender Oil, Sandalwood Oil, Tonka Absolute, Coumarin, Geraniuol, Limonene, Linalool, Snowflake Lustre.

Vegan?: Yes.

No comments

Post a Comment


UP