Recently

23 January 2016

Lush Cocktail: Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy


Destiny's 'Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy' Cocktail

Contains:

Lashings Of Rose Jam Shower Gel

Video:


Verdict:

There are times when I feel a sugar craving coming on - whether it's after a rather stressful day at work or just on one of the rare occasions when I fancy something sweet rather than my usual savoury snack. In these times, I know it's not wise to reach for the candy - mostly because I end up eating too many and getting sensitive teeth for the next few consecutive days. 

When these feelings transpire, I often opt for a sweet and fruity bath to satisfy my cravings without sabotaging my teeth or my healthy diet. The other day I found myself flicking through my cocktail book, looking for the bath cocktail that would take my mind off of the strawberry laces that my flatmate was eating at the time. Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy was the result of this find.

This simple and very affordable bath cocktail features only three ingredients. However, two thirds of this recipe relies on products that are not available regularly, so this might appeal to those who have a few old items lying around and don't quite know how they wish to use them. 

To being with, I crumbled the Comforter Bubble Bar under the running tap, and immediately my mouth began to salivate at the strong, fruity blackcurrant aroma that engulfed my senses and filled the bathroom with its wonderful aroma. This classic bubble bar is easily one of my all tome favourites, and I cannot imagine any cocktail being all that bad if this is one of the ingredients. 

As to be expected, the bar turned the water a pretty pastel pink colour and filled the tub with fluffy, fragrant bubbles. As it's one of the more moisturising bubble bars as well, the water gave off a beautiful shimmer and felt silky-smooth as Iran my hand underneath the surface. 

Next I added in a good many squirts of Rose Jam Shower Gel. If you prefer the floral scent to the fruity, I suggest a good 2-3 squirts will help to make this the most dominating component of the cocktail; if you're more of a Comforter person, you might want to reduce this down to 1-2 smaller ones and allow the bubble bar to take centre stage. Rose Jam not only softened the water even further, but also added another helping of gorgeous bubbles to cocoon yourself within.

Finally, I threw in the piece of Northern Lights and watched as the limited edition ballistic frothed on the surface and gave off a wonderful, light jasmine aroma. In all fairness, I found that you could almost exclude this latter ingredient if you didn't have it, as I found it was the weakest out of the three products. However, I did enjoy watching it intertwine with the bubbles as it is the most visually beautiful out of the three products. 

What Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy created for me was a bath that had layers of silk, with a wonderfully complimenting mixture of floral and fruity notes underneath. It was relaxing and moisturising - while completely banishing my sweet cravings and protecting teeth to live and fight another day. 

Rating: 8.7 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.











4 comments

  1. Hello Jen,
    I love your blog, I'm a massive fan of Lush myself.
    I've recently done a product review of two products from Lush
    http://aaronwillsadventures.blogspot.com.au/2016/01/product-review-lush-products-dirty-and.html
    It would be cool if you could check it out and give me some more pointers, I want to get into doing more product reviews.

    Thank you!
    Aaron :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, a cocktail book? I would love to know more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr  Aluya   can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr  Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at:  aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com  or whatsapp him on:  +2348110493039      you can also go through his website   draluya48hoursspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete


UP