Recently

8 January 2016

B Scent Liquid Perfume



Why I didn't put two and two together, I'll never know, but it was only recently that I came to my senses and realised that this wonderful perfume shares it's scent with the discontinued B-Electro Shower Gel. Had I had known this, I would have invested in a bottle a lot sooner. As it is, I am only now beginning to appreciate the strange but equally beautiful smell that it offers consumers. 

What I will say about this perfume is that B Scent is far more complex and rather less 'soapy' than the shower gel - something I'm sure many people will be thankful for. While I was initially disappointed that the perfume wasn't a stunning, fluorescent green colour like the shower gel, I got over it as soon as I realised how much better it smelt as a liquid fragrance. 

What I found rather interesting about this product, was the backstory behind it - as Mark explains; 'When I was young, I had a crush on a beautiful French waitress who smelled of lemons. Later, when I was working on the perfume, I ate some lovely soup with just a touch of fennel and it inspired me to add some to the fragrance.'  

While this is perhaps the strangest explanation for a perfume I have ever heard of, it makes perfect sense when you experience it for the first time. Despite this fragrance offering the wearer elements of lemon, bergamot, fennel, lavender, rose, jasmine, ylang-ylang, sandalwood and musk, this is in no way as heavy or as complex as you would expect. In fact, it's very light and uplifting whilst not being just 'another stereotypical citrus perfume'.

In the bottle, you can immediately detect the fresh and fruity lemon oil, which instantly gives this fragrance a very bright and refreshing presence. Underneath this is the rose absolute which offers a gentle but equally musky floral aroma that works in perfect harmony with the lemon. The surprise comes in the form of the fennel which gives this perfume a very warm underlying note - something that takes a little while to make an appearance but when it does, it takes this perfume to new heights. 
                                                                                                                      While there is a slight hint of the detergent note that's more prominent in the shower gel, it's not strong enough to overpower the other elements and instead gives this fragrance a rather strange but equally enticing aroma. 
As B Scent matures on your skin, the citrus note gets a little sweeter whilst the musk and sandalwood offer a very grounded and rather smooth base smell. The herbal elements of the other ingredients loiter in and around the dominating notes so you get hints of it from time to time without it being too 'in your face'.  

While I cannot state whether or not Lush's claim that this 'smells like a French girl' is correct, it wouldn't be a bad thing if it were true. This is a truly wonderful and very unique perfume and one that I have received many compliments about when wearing. It's a very clean smelling fragrance, and one that cheers you up when you put it on. Another wonderful release from Lush. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradisi), Fennel Oil (Foeniculum vulgare), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Eugenol, Geraniol, Isoeugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £24 for 30ml.

Scent Family:
B Electro Shower Gel
B Scent Liquid Perfume
Divine Whale Soap



6 comments

  1. i have a bottle of this. Unfortunately, it just smells like fennel on me TT_TT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If u still have the b scent perfume and u will sell it, please contact me at caitlayla815@gmail.com or wilhelm52283@gmail.com i am dying for this perfume!!

      Delete
  2. I am desperate to get a bottle of this-Where were you able to purchase it? I am trying to avoid a long trip to London--I collect the perfumes the most-Is there a chance its coming out online in the regular line or kitchen? Please let me know---I have booked a trip next week to London to try and get it--insane I know but I would love to avoid that if its coming out--please let me know--Thanks, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a solid of this before they stopped making them and my impression was that it reminded me of a high-end wooden furniture restoring oil. Which isn't meant to be negative at all, I am a neat-freak and love cleaning supplies (almost as much as I love Lush) so no buyer's remorse here. I didn't pick up on the fennel (a scent I particularly like) at the time, so I'll have to go re-sniff it to see if I can detect it!

    I always learn something new every time I visit your site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I Got My Ex Husband Back..Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly care about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr  Aluya   can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and and told him my problems and he told me what to do and i did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my family are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr  Aluya Powerful Love Spell that really works. If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. Email him at:  aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com  or whatsapp him on:  +2348110493039      you can also go through his website   draluya48hoursspelltemple.webs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secretbehind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $7,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to Email: carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    ReplyDelete


UP