Recently

18 December 2015

Charm Lipstick


I pride myself on being 100% honest on this blog - I'm not here to sell products for Lush or trick people into buying products just to support my favourite company. If I don't like an item, I'll say it as it is - as a consumer, I have a right to do this. So I have a confession to make; I really have no idea why I bought this product in the first place - I don't wear lip stick - never have, probably never will. 

For this reason, you're probably thinking that my review of Charm Lipstick will be a negative one, right? Wrong. Despite having no use for this product, I was rather impressed with the results I yielded from it, and if I ever change my mind about wearing lip stick, Lush will be my first port of call. 

Charm is made with the same ingredients you can expect to find in all of Lush's lip stains - a combination of jojoba oil, candelilla wax and rose wax. These three ingredients create a flawless base that not only moisturises your lips during application, but hold the pigment in place so the wearer gets a vibrant and long-lasting colour. 
While most lipsticks I have tried have dried out my lips and faded within a matter hours (and I'm talking all of the big-name brands you can think of!), I was surprised and rather impressed to find that this one lasts a lot longer and leaves my lips still feeling full and well lubricated for hours.

The design of the brush makes it easy to apply this product quickly, with consistency but also with precision. Whereas roll-up lipsticks can be a little tricky to apply once the end has been flattened through use, the inclusion of a brush meant that I could apply it a lot better and I didn't have to wipe away any 'mistakes'. 

As with all of Lush's lipsticks, eyeliners and eyeshadows, Charm is presented in a very practical packaging solution. The short brush means that the lipstick doesn't get 'lost' or wasted in the bottle and it's a lot easier to monitor how much you have left, without running out beforehand. Additionally, it also means that you have much more control when applying it; this helps you to style your make-up much more effectively. Finally, it makes an easy size to pop into your handbag and re-apply if and when you need to.

While I say this latter statement, I should make a point that I didn't need to go over my lipstick once I had applied it, as the colour stayed firm throughout the day yet was really easy to wash away in the evening. Furthermore, the versatility of Lush products means that I was able to use this as an eyeshadow as well, and it works just as well as you would expect it to. 
While the price tag of £14.50 initially made me rate it as rather expensive, when I compared it to other lip sticks of similar quality on the market, it's on par with the bigger-named brands. For this reason, I would really recommend that you try out this or one of Lush's other good-quality lip sticks - I guarantee that you'll be as impressed as I was. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Organic Jojoba Oil, Candelilla Wax, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Titanium Dioxide, Rose Wax, CI73360, CI77947, CI45410.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £14.50



4 comments

  1. I got this a few years ago and hated it - it's way too highly pigmented and the colour makes any skintone appear sallow and make whoevers wearing it look like a corpse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really a constructive comment there! Some people like lighter tones. I love ashy greys/light browns for lips particularly.

      Delete
    2. I do like a lot of nudes and light pinks, I just think this one is awful

      Delete
    3. That's a shame Julia - I actually find it quite weird that I like this as I'm much more of a 'bright red/orange' kind of girl. Perhaps it's because I'm naturally very pale, and it compliments my skin tone!

      Delete


UP