Recently

23 November 2015

Perspective Bubble Stone





Having not seen any of these bubble stones even so much as mentioned on most of the social media sites I frequent, I was amazed when not one, nor two but three different ones appeared in succession on eBay. While none of them were in the greatest of condition, I just knew I had to have them, and I was very excited when both of my greatly anticipated packages arrived in the post.

Perspective Bubble Stone is one of a handful of spa-exclusive products - made available only through Lush's Synaesthesia treatment - an experience that I have now been booked in for, thanks to the wonderful and very generous team behind the Lush Kitchen. Given as more of a parting gift, this limited edition bar has never been made commercially available, which is why I felt rather privileged to be able to experience it in the comfort of my own home.

With nothing to go on, I will have to hazard a guess as to what ingredients feature in this bubble stone. What I do know is that you use these in a similar manner to that of a bubble bar - holding them under running water for a good 30 seconds to a minute. The pressure of the water stimulates the bar and ebbs essential butters and oils into the tub, while also creating a good helping of soft, fragrant bubbles to submerge yourself beneath, once you get into the tub yourself.

Although this bar is devoid of a strong smell, I could definitely detect a prominent thread of eucalyptus in this one - one that has a sort of pine element sitting behind this to give it a distinctive, natural 'green' aroma. While the above description doesn't match what I am about to say, there is definitely something of Noriko Soap going on here.

If my previous experience of bubble stones is anything to go by, this one contains rather a simplistic list of components that go into making it - one that features cocoa butter, shea butter and olive oil as the base ingredients. Along with the essential oils that make up the gentle aroma, these three elements help to make this bubble stone as moisturising as it can be, and add a very subtle creamy element that comes through when the product is in use.

What is great about all of the stones that I have tried from Lush so far, is that they're robust enough to last across four baths - which is more than I can say for some of Lush's bubble bars. However, these bubble stones do not create any impressive displays of colour in the tub, and they don't heed a very strong smell at all. While this latter point is great for those who prefer the subtle fragrances, but not so much for those who want something memorable.

When it comes to Perspective, I could definitely feel a shift in how relaxed I felt after submerging myself under the sea of bubbles that it had created. Furthermore, the fragrance was very light in the water so I was able to enjoy small bursts of the aroma throughout my entire bathing experience.


However, I was rather unimpressed to discover that this bubble stone wasn't all that moisturising on my skin, and I had to lather myself up with body lotion afterwards to counteract the tautness that had set into my legs after the experience. I found that my skin didn't feel as soft and silky as it usually would after using a bubble bar, and the scent didn't stick around either so I had to rely on a few spritzes of my favourite perfume to smell nice. 

Although I wouldn't claim this was as good as a bubble bar, there is something rather therapeutic about using Perspective Bubble Stone, and I would definitely love to buy a couple of fresh ones to use in cocktails, or to use by themselves when I'm craving something a little lighter and more refreshing.

Quantitative Ingredients: ?

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: Not available for sale.

Year Of Original Release: ?






5 comments

  1. I just ordered Energized and Mind Cleanser, I'm SO excited I found them! Perspective sounds beautifully spa-like. I love these special products!

    http://fortheloveoflush.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing! Love the blog by the way :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you Jen, that really means a lot :)

      Delete
  2. only 4 uses? I've used my energized at least 4 times and its hardly changed! I see another 5-6 uses at least coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be a little overzealous when it comes to my bubble stones then! haha!

      Delete


UP