Recently

25 November 2015

Lush Cocktail: Berry Bush Bath



Jessica's 'Berry Bush Bath' Cocktail

Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

After having an urge to bathe in the waters of the Blackberry Bath Bomb, I was a little unsure about what to pair it with in the tub. While its sweetness rivals that of most bath bombs and bubble bars, it's not your typical sugary-sweet offering, and I wanted to make sure that it didn't get thwarted by any of the other products that I used alongside it.

After scouring through my book of cocktails, I stumbled across the recipe for Berry Bush Bath, and knew that this would be the perfect cocktail to not only satisfy my sugary cravings at that time, but also to utilise a selection of Lush products in the best possible way. And boy did I reap the benefits.

This cocktail is a great alternative to the typical 'girlie' bath (and I hate using that saying because there's no such thing as a gender-specific bath). However, when people talk about creating a pink experience in the tub, you often get a sense of what the outcome of that experience will be.

This cocktail is not only far richer and more decadent on the senses, but it caters for the more mature bather - one who is looking for something sweet and wholesome but not necessarily your clear-cut 'Snow Fairy cocktail'. 

Begin by crumbling a third of a Comforter Bubble Bar under the running water. This best-selling beauty fills the tub with an abundance of creamy, frothy bubbles and turns the water a deep shade of pastel pink.The buchu oil and cassis absolute gives off a stunning fruity, blackcurrant aroma - easily one of the best fragrances that Lush have ever produced. 

Once the water has finished running, add in the Blackberry Bath Bomb - a product that shares its scent with the Sultana Of Soap range and gives off a creamy, fruity aroma made from dried sultanas, apricots and olibanum. To begin with, I wasn't overly keen on this product, and it took a good few attempts to warm to its fragrance. However, I now find it one of the most unique aromas going and wish they'd bring out more products with its scent.

The bath bomb combines with the Comforter perfectly - deepening the colour of the water to an alluring shade of purple and adding its own layer of sweetness to the mix. Not only this, but the ballistic is very moisturising and you can see how silky-soft the water becomes when the light bounces off of the surface.

Finally, add in the Razzle Dazzle Bath Oil - an Oxford Street exclusive that paints the water a shade of psychedelic pink and adds essential oils to moisturise and replenish the skin. This melt not only reverts the water back to a deep pink colour, but dominates the scent and creates a bath that smells very much like raspberry ripple ice-cream.

To finish up with, wash yourself with a generous slab of Respect Your Elders - a stunning grape and blackcurrant soaps that compliments all of the other elements of this cocktail and seals the deal in making your skin feel, smell and looking incredible.

This is easily my favourite sweet cocktail - it's rich but not cloying and offers something a little more than the one-dimensional baths you often get with some of Lush's candy-inspired products. As all of these products are regulars, with Razzle Dazzle permanently available in the Oxford Street Store, I shall have to stock up and use these before a night out. Pure bliss.            

Rating?: 9.1 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.





















10 comments

  1. Razzle Dazzle isn't an Oxford Street exclusive any more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! That's the problem with writing reviews weeks in advance :(

      Delete
  2. Wow, that water looks incredible!
    Can уou please help me getting to уour review of Magical Moringa? When I trу to go to its page I get Invalid securitу token error.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey lovely! I've just updated all of the links so they should all work now! Let me know how you get on :)

      Delete
    2. All works now, thanks a lot! :)

      Delete
  3. I hope Razzle makes it to North America! Any news on this? I think I will try it minus oil and soap, which are not here yet:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could use a slab of Reindeer Rock soap instead to add :-)

      Delete
  4. Great idea on Reindeer Rock- I have some!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cocktail was absolutely amazing, there's not a single thing I would change about it. Now if only there was a way to convince the Lush powers that be to make the scent of this cocktail (not just the individual products but the cocktail as a whole) into a perfume... I would have to buy enough to last a lifetime! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I would love for some of these cocktails to be made in to perfumes - just think of the possibilities!

      Delete


UP