Recently

15 November 2015

Breath Of Fresh Air Toner Water

Initially, I was a little confused when Lush brought out Breeze On A Sea Air in the kitchen last year as the title is very similar to this one. I thought perhaps the aforementioned was an old recipe or a sister product that didn't do as well when it first came out, and this was the reason that Lush chose to discontinue it. However, I quickly realised that these toner waters are completely different and have very few similarities aside from the very similar names.

Breath Of Fresh Air Toner Water claims to be sea breeze trapped in a bottle - a refreshing spray that tones, cleanses and softens your face in a matter of seconds. Like all of Lush's toner sprays, this one acts as a refreshing aide for when your skin needs that 'pick me up' throughout the day. Simply spray directly onto the face and then wipe away with a cotton pad - leaving your skin dirt-free and feeling super soft. 

This refreshing toner water features an array of essential ingredients to revitalise and rejuvenate skin instantly, as well as helping to improve the condition of your complexion over time. It's a little miracle worker.                                                                                                                                                       Rich in sea water, you would be forgiven for being a little hesitant to spray this directly on your face - especially if like me, you've been down the beach and seen the horrible, murky water that laps up the shore. However, as you would expect, Lush have carefully collected the water on the floodtide so that it's as clean as possible. Sea water is naturally rich in minerals that help to balance the skin's PH levels, while it also has a high salt content which counteracts dry skin and leaves your complexion radiant and full of life.  
This toner spray also has aloe vera gel - perfect for those with sensitive skin. This natural ingredient helps to calm and soothe irritated skin, while the inclusion of rose absolute reduces redness and patchouli oil cools your complexion with it's astringent properties. 

The inclusion of these latter ingredients gives this product a slightly sweet but equally floral scent. It smells like a combination of aloe vera, patchouli and rose - although the fragrance is very light and once it's on the skin, this dissipates very quickly. Whether or not you like the smell, I would suggest you persist with this as the benefits far outweigh the few seconds of smell you get when you spray this on yourself. 

Like all of the toner waters I have used so far, Breath Of Fresh Air is perfectly balanced to clean, tone and rejuvenate the skin without stripping your face of it's natural oils. It's so light on the skin that you don't get the heavy and/or greasy feeling you normally get from other cleaners and facial products. 

Even after the initial application, my complexion was noticeably softer and smoother to touch, and it felt really hydrated, toned and soft. Like the other toner waters I have tried, my skin came to life after a single use of this and I could feel the colour radiating from my cheeks afterwards. 

Priced at £8.50 for a 250g bottle, I would have initially argued that this was rather expensive for what is 'glorified water'. However, this is an amazing product and is well worth it's price tag. While you may wish to purchase the 100g bottle as it's easier and more compact if you want to carry it around in your bag, I would suggest getting the bigger bottle and then investing in a reusable spray bottle from your local chemist. 

This spray lasts for ages - my 100g bottle has been travelling with me for a few months now and I'm not even halfway through. I really cannot imagine how I lived without these miracle toner waters - I know I would definitely not be without at least one nowadays. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Spring Water, Fresh Sea Water, Fair Trade Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Perfume, Carrageenan Extract, Rose Absolute, Patchouli Oil, Rosemary Oil, Seaweed Absolute, Limonene, Linalool, Methylparaben.

Vegan?: Yes.

2014 Price: £3.95 for 100g, £7.50 for 250g.
2015 Price: £4.50 for 100g, £8.50 for 250g.

2 comments

  1. A staple product of mine since 2006 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's worth checking out. I could do with something like this for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete


UP