Recently

11 October 2015

Lush Cocktail: Lady Twilight


Kim's 'Lady Twilight' Cocktail

Contains:

Lashings Of Twilight Shower Gel

Video:


Verdict:

With the new Christmas season upon us and the abundance of Luxury Lush Puds  in the shops, I thought it was about time I used up my excess stock and sunk my teeth into the fresh ones. With so many cocktails to choose from, it was hard to decide which one deserved my attention - that was until I set my eyes on this recipe and realised it was the one.

What sets Lady Twilight apart from other lavender-based cocktails is that it features two ingredients that I very rarely use. This made it a great opportunity for me to not only enjoy a rich, succulent bathing experience, but to give myself time to appreciate some of the products that sit collecting dust at the back of my drawer.

One of these products is the Bearded Lady Bubble Bar - a product that came out in the Lush Kitchen last Christmas and stole my heart almost immediately. As I crumbled this under the running tap, I was reminded why I had bought so many in the first place.

Described as a fruity/floral fragrance, the scent of this isn't that far off of Dream Cream; you can definitely detect the lavender as the dominant note. Underneath this is a very subtle woodiness from the sandalwood, with a gentle sprinkling of citrus to compliment the lavender. You can detect each of these three unique smells, but none of them are particularly dominant in the overall fragrance.

To compliment this and add a new level of sweetness to the cocktail, I included a generous helping of Twilight Shower Gel. Both this and the Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb have the same aroma - a creamy, vanilla-based lavender aroma that is to die for. Both of these products elevated the lavender aroma without removing the subtle woody elements of the bubble bar.

The latter product also offered a wonderfully vivid performance in the water - spewing out waves of bright pinks and yellows, greens and blues - turning the water into a pretty shade of peach while deepening the aroma and softening the water. 

Finally, once you're reaching the end of your experience in the water, use the King Of Skin Body Butter to massage across your body before getting out of the tub. You don't have to rinse yourself off - the product works like a body lotion in that the essential oils and butters will permeate your skin and leave you feeling well and truly nourished. 

Once I had patted myself dry and changed into my pyjamas, I could really smell the lavender and vanilla on my skin, intertwined with the creamy, chocolatey smell of the body butter. Not only did I feel relaxed and ready for bed, but my skin was super-soft and and slightly shiny, without being greasy.

This is a cocktail that I will use again and again - not only to offer my mind sanctuary after a hard day's work, but to present my skin with the perfect way to recuperate and reenergise before bed. A wonderful collaboration of products, if I do say so myself.

Rating: 9.0 out of 10.

Vegan?: Yes.


















2 comments

  1. Just want to tell you that I absolutely love your blog and YouTube channel. I am a newbie lushie and your reviews and descriptions of products old and new have been so helpful and enjoyable. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love reading comments like this...oh, and welcome to the wonderful (but very expensive) world of Lush! Anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to contact me :)

      Delete


UP