Recently

24 July 2015

Serendipity Soap


There is something about the new selection of Lush soaps that has made me rather excited about using soaps again. Whether it's the new base formula, the scents that are currently on offer or the fact that my skin has started to accept them as viable washing material, I am unsure. What I do know is that the last few to grace my shower have been wonderful and really restored my faith in the fact that soap can be rather enjoyable. 

Serendipity was one of the first soaps to grab my attention in the shop but one of the last ones for me to review. Cut from a purple cylindrical roulade, this soap has two layers - an inner pale purple centre and a slightly darker translucent shell. This outer layer is decorated with sprigs of lavender which are encased within the soap and give off the dark streaks you see across the surface. 

Containing french lavender oil, lavender absolute and chamomile blue, this soap has a strong but equally relaxing aroma - one that is perfect to use before bed to clear your head and unwind your body. Sharing it's fragrance with Golden Slumbers Bath Bomb, this gorgeous soap is a marvel to smell - a thick, creamy lavender smell that sits perfectly between their popular French Kiss Bubble Bar and the best-selling Twilight Bath Bomb. 
This soap is not as sweet or as 'malty' as Twilight but it does have a wonderful silky feel to it and is far richer and more rounded than the aforementioned bubble bar. While this milky floral aroma isn't as prominent when the piece is first removed from the packaging, it intensifies somewhat under the heat of the shower and this is when it is most wonderful. 

Alongside the lavender is a strong thread of chamomile - a note that gives this soap an almost tea-like afterscent. Not only does this component add to the overall smell of the product, but it's great at soothing and comforting sensitive skin; using its anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and bactericidal properties to make this an all-round amazing product to use with your skin in the shower. 

In the shower, this soap isn't overly generous with its lather but it certainly creates more than enough to wash yourself with. Producing a soft, oily foam when massaged under the running water, this cleans and soothes your skin - leaving you with soft, fragrant and very beautiful feeling skin. I was amazed at how wonderful my body felt after using this as I'm used to most Lush soaps leaving my skin feeling taut and slightly dry. 

Serendipity didn't dry my skin out or give it that tight feeling I often get when using soaps. Instead, it left my skin soft and shiny and with a gentle lavender aroma to see me through a short while after towelling myself down. This is definitely one of those soaps I will be stocking up on once I have gotten through to trying all of Lush's new soaps, and I highly recommend that you try this out for yourself if you get a chance - it is truly wonderful. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Glycerine, Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera), Lavender Flower Infusion (Lavandula angustifolia), Water (Aqua), Sorbitol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Sodium Stearate, French Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Dried Lavender Stem (Lavandula angustifolia), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Lavender Absolute (Lavandula angustifolia), EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 14700, Colour 45410, Colour 17200, Colour 42090.

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £3.40 for 100g. 

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

Scent Family:

3 comments

  1. I recently bought this on lush uk along with some other things and im so excited!! I also bought granny takes a dip bubble bar, temple of truth, dragons egg, grass bubble bar, and skydancer bath bomb! You've probably tried them all before! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this one..

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's actually a soap company called Serendipity soap! http://www.serendipitysoap.com/

    ReplyDelete


UP