Recently

18 June 2015

So White Liquid Perfume


Last making an appearance for the 2010 Forum Special Perfume collection, this fragrance, alongside the bath bomb of the same name, is inspired by the well-loved story of Snow White. Containing notes of orange, apple, rose, bergamot and neroli, this is a sweet and rather refreshing aroma that wasn't what I was expecting at all.

Unfortunately for So White, this is product that seems to get overlooked due to its rather boring nature. When Lush shops were stocked up with gorgeous multi-coloured goodies at Christmas time, the plain, white bomb didn't make that much of an impression. The same could be said for when this perfume was released; in the same year, Lush also offered consumers Day Of The DeadBlack Pearl, American Cream, SnowcakeTwilight and Big. Although it's only a matter of opinion, I feel as if So White was the weakest link in this group. 

Having said all of that, I'm not for one second saying that this perfume isn't at all enjoyable. In fact, there's something rather unique and perhaps slightly 'mainstream' about it's fragrance that I love. It reminds me a little of DKNY's Be Delicious and Love by Nina Ricci, although there's something far more refreshing and natural about Lush's offering - as we would expect.

On the surface, this perfume offers wearers a light refreshing green apple scent. However, there are many other components that go into making this perfume much more complex and multi-layered than that. With notes of orange, apple and rose, this is a sexy and rather beguiling perfume.

In the bottle, it smells very fruity and one dimensional - the scent reminds me of cartoned apple juice - that naturally sweet and juicy aroma. However, the second you spray this on your skin, the fragrance explodes into many different threads. Firstly, the neroli comes through and offers a very pronounced and intensely green layer. It's a little like lemongrass but with an uplifting floral element as opposed to a citrus one. Next up, the bergamot oil offers a gentle but equally fresh and sweet note white the orange gives the perfume a slightly fruity note. Finally, the rose sits further back in the perfume and gives So White a subtle musky aroma that ties all of the ingredients together nicely.

It's a very light, elegant and rather enchanting fragrance - one that sits beautifully on the skin and matures wonderfully throughout the day. It has impressive longevity, lasting a good 4-5 hours on the skin and only needs to be sprayed once or twice to get this effect.

While this is not my favourite perfume, I can see this being one that will turn heads and make an impression on anyone who chooses to wear it. It's a beautiful and rather unique take on the apple-scent and one that everyone has to at least try once in their lifetime. 

Quantitative Ingredients: DRF Alcohol, Perfume, Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Citral, Limonene, Linalool.

Vegan?: Yes.

Year Of Original Release: 2009.

Scent Family:
Once Upon A Time Body Lotion
Once Upon A Time Naked Body Lotion
Santa's Belly Jelly
So White Bath Bomb
So White Body Spray
So White New 2016 Edition Bath Bomb
So White Liquid Perfume
So White Shower Gel

4 comments

  1. I remember a while back I was reading your blog (right after I found out it existed). It was the Christmas season and I saw the So White bath bomb. I read your review and thanks to you you have led me to one of my favorite bath bombs and shower gels! I never would have gotten it without you because the bomb just looked boring to me. So thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - that is such an amazing thing to hear! The fact that my blog led to you finding one of your favourite products is such an honour! Let's hope I find you a few more along the way :)

      Delete
  2. I've never managed to get my hands on a bottle of Snow White to sniff. I'm not usually a huge apple fan, but sometimes LUSH surprises me with their perfumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pay so much money for one of these today :/

    ReplyDelete


UP