Recently

22 June 2015

Pumice Power Foot Soap


Physically one of the hardest working parts of my body, my feet have to endure quite a strenuous workout on a weekly basis. Whether it be roaming the classroom during lessons or taking to the treadmill in the evenings, the very two limbs that enable me to do all of these things work harder than most other parts of my body. 

Yet it's surprising to know that they are the one part of my body that tends to get overlooked when it comes to maintenance. While my skin is moisturised, my hair is well-nourished and my teeth are polished, my feet spend their lives enclosed and suffocated without any reward ever being given for the daily grafting that they go through.

When I first purchased Pumice Power Foot Soap from the Oxford Street Store, I wasn't particularly enamoured with the rather plain and slightly nondescript orange mound that it presented itself as. While I found its smell to be rather pleasant, my experience of Stepping Stone was enough to convince me that this would be another short-lived novelty that I was better off without. Yet again, I was proven to be very wrong.

Despite being a rather small scrub - similar in size to the likes of Sunnyside or Dorothy Bubble Bars, I was impressed to discover that this little block was far sturdier than I initially predicted it would be. Containing pumice powder as the key ingredient (hence the name), this orange mound works a treat at scrubbing away dried skin and removing stubborn lumps and bumps that have formed on the surface of your body. The pumice not only acts as a powerful exfoliant to scour away uneven surfaces, but works as a resilient base to allow the scrub to hold its shape and not crumble/dissolve under pressure.

The inclusion of orange oil gives this scrub a light but beautiful aroma that smells a little like orange sherbet. To me, the scent of this product reminded me of the inner part of Wonka's Everlasting Gobstoppers - that sweet, sugary and slightly tangy citrus aroma that comes with most American hard candy.
When massaging Pumice Power over my feet in a circular motion, I found that it produced a very thin layer of lather that was slightly gritty in texture but equally as rich on the skin. It felt a little like wet sand doused in oil and worked well as a gentle exfoliator between my toes as well as across the base of my feet. 

While it's strong enough to cope with a high level of pressure, it's definitely not as aggressive as Rough With The Smooth and so probably wouldn't appeal to those who enjoy very coarse scrubs. However, once the product was rinsed away, I was amazed to find that my feet felt really soft, and the few blisters I had obtained through running had been noticeably smoothened out.

What is great about this foot scrub is that it outlives Stepping Stone by a good few weeks, so works out much better value for money. Furthermore, it's also far easier to store in the bathroom and dries really quickly - meaning that the product won't shrink between uses. 
I happen to think that this makes a great addition to the Lush family, and alongside Volcano Foot Mask and Foot And Fancy Free Foot Soak, my feet might finally get the chance to look, feel and smell as beautiful as I have ever wanted them to be - an outcome I have been looking to achieve for a very long time now.

Quantitative Ingredients: Pumice Powder, Water (Aqua), Rapeseed Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocoa nucifera), Glycerine, Sorbitol, Organic Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis oil), Sodium Chloride, Sodium Stearate, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Perfume, Colour 15510.

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.10 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

No comments

Post a Comment


UP