Recently

25 June 2015

Lush Cocktail: Cinderella's Big Night


Ginger Girlie's 'Cinderella's Big Night' Cocktail 

Contains:


Video:


Verdict:

Sometimes I forget that Lush Cocktails don't have to contain a long list of products for it to be enjoyable. When I see a recipe that only calls for a couple items, I occasionally think to myself: 'well, that's not going to be very strong!' - forgetting that Lush products are impressive enough by themselves, so with two of them it'll be even better. 

While the weather is not always suited for winter baths at the moment, both of the products featured here are light enough to offer something that is both comforting but rather light in the water. Although I am far from the 'princess-type' and rarely have time to walk to the shops, let alone experience any sort of social life, Cinderella's Big Night sounded exactly what I needed at the time. 

Despite my bubble bar being almost six months old, Sparkly Pumpkin crumbled up a treat and it wasn't long before my bath was full of soft, shimmering bubbles to submerge myself in. The Halloween special turned the water into a rich, warming shade of orange and immediately filled the bathroom with a beautiful scent - one that I immediately fell in love with all over again.

Concocted using juniperberry, lime and grapefruit oils, this bubble bar has a bright, zesty and rather unique aroma. Underneath this, the lime and grapefruit oils add a citrus note that helps to make this a very uplifting but equally grounded aroma. It's a very difficult smell to explain, but one that I would described as sultry, seductive and very sensual - it's a citrus fragrance for those who want something a little more sophisticated than the usual humdrum of lemon and lime scents. 

While it might sound like it would work well with Sparkly Pumpkin, when I added Cinders to the mix, the strong cinnamon smell came through and complimented the slightly bitter zest of the bubble bar wonderfully. The bath bomb released waves of yellow foam across the surface of the tub and got to work deepening the orange colour of the water - offering a bath that looked like a summer experience but smelled like a winter one.

Both products helped to make this bath a really nourishing one; the impressive list of oils in the bubble bar mean that it really softens the water and gives it a wonderful gleam. I could feel how smooth my skin was while I was bathing and this stayed with me for the rest of the day. 

To finish up, I moisturised myself with Celebrate Body Lotion. This might not sound like a product that would go well with either of these products but believe me, it does - the zesty orange and grape smell compliments the gentle aroma that's left on your skin after your bath. 

A lovely cocktail for any time of the year: in the summer it's zesty, uplifting but refreshingly spicy; in the winter it's warming and comforting without being too overpowering. A well-balanced and very pleasant Lush Cocktail. 

Vegan?: Yes.

Rating: 8.5 out of 10. 

















No comments

Post a Comment


UP