Recently

22 June 2015

Love And Light Hand Cream


Despite putting my hands through so much 'rough and tumble' every day, it is very rare that I use a hand cream to rectify the problem. Even when the crevices between my fingers have become sore and dry and my hands represent that of a fifty year old, I just never remember to moisturise them and don't see it as a priority in my rather crazy life. This was until I discovered a lotion so incredible that it changed my entire cosmetics routine.

Love And Light Hand Cream was the very first product that made it into my basket at Lush's flagship store on Oxford Street - not only because it was the first item that greeted me upon walking in the shop, but because its fragrance quite literally blew me away upon initial sniff. 

Marketed as a light hand cream, this product didn't immediately seem as if it would be all that moisturising. When compared to some of Lush's other lotions and creams, this one seemed to have far fewer butters and oils in the ingredients list - a fact when coupled with the main ingredient being water, convinced me that the product would be too runny and not very nourishing at all. How wrong could I be?
Made from a combination of neroli and Brazilian orange oils, as well as orange flower absolute, Love And Light is an uplifting and utterly beautiful smelling hand cream. The fragrance is very similar to Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner but I find that in this format it's not as potent and far more refreshing. It gives off a wonderful light but very green floral aroma - one that uses the sweet, warmth of the orange oil to pad it out and make it so deliciously decadent. 

While it doesn't have the same fragrance, fans of Rub Rub Rub will not doubt appreciate how gentle and summery the aroma is. What makes it even more impressive is that once it has been applied, the smell lingers on your skin for a good hour or so, which is far longer than a lot of the body lotions I have being trying recently. 

Similar in consistency to Karma Kream, this lotion only needs a brief skim across the top and you'll have enough product to moisturise your hands with. What it great about Love And Light is that it glides over the body really easily and permeates the skin very quickly - leaving your hands feeling smooth and moisturised without making them sticky or greasy. 

While some lotions claim to dissolve into the skin quickly, they often take with them their nourishing properties so the lotion isn't as effective as lower working ones. However, this hand cream doesn't do this at all - instead leaving your hands feeling beautifully soft, well-moistured and wonderfully supple. I couldn't quite believe how quickly the condition of my mitts improved after using this cream. 
With the warm weather fast approaching, this hand cream has become a staple in my household and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. This is quite easily the greatest hand cream to come from Lush and indeed anywhere else, and I've even had to fight my flatmates to get my tub back after they tried reaping the benefits from it as well. 

Although it is marketed as a hand cream, I will attempt to use this across the rest of my body because I not only adore the fragrance that comes with it, but I love how refreshed and light it leaves my skin feeling and how radiant my body looks after lathering this on. This is quite easily one of the greatest products to ever come from Lush, and given my experience with the company and just how many items I have used over the last four years, that's an achievement that won't be matched by many other products. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Glycerine, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurantium amara), Brazilian Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Orange Flower Absolute (Citrus Aurantium amara), Ceteraryl Alcohol, Citral, Farnesol, Geraniol, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. 

Vegan?: Yes. 

2015 Price: £13.95 for 250g.

Year Of Original Release: 2015. 

6 comments

  1. Thanks for this review, Jen! I wrecked my hands this weekend with cleaning and gardening, so I'm planning a DIY hand spa; Salted Coconut scrub, the hot hand mask and L&L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds absolutely wonderful! I might so a similar thing this weekend 😀

      Delete
  2. It was fabulous! I used the scrub to get rid of ingrained dirt and some hard dry patches first. Because I have super-sensitive skin and a long history of eczema I was worried that it might be too harsh, but in fact I used it first just like a liquid soap, and then kept the actual scrubbing to the real "trouble spots", and it worked out just fine. The salt is also antibacterial which is presumably good if one has a history of infected eczema. Following your instructions I used half of the mask and melted it with very hot water. This gave a generous helping, but three days later my hands are *still* far softer than usual. I can't believe what a difference it has made (and I wish I'd bought ten of them!). The hand cream is glorious, of course, and a bonus is that the scent is beautifully soothing at the end of a stressful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to your vivid descriptions of the Lush Oxford Street products, I was able to send a wish list to my 18 year old daughter who was visiting London last week. This lotion was at the top of my list and it did not disappoint! I am using it as a body lotion and it's especially wonderful paired with the Beautiful Shower Gel. Can't wait to see these in the U.S.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just fyi -- the link on your Face/Body product page doesn't come to your review; it goes to the salted coconut hand scrub. I typed this url in hoping it would come up and got lucky, but you might want to fix it when you can! Thanks for your terrific reviews!

    ReplyDelete


UP