Recently

29 April 2015

Frozen Bath Bomb



'Let it go, let it gooooooo, you can't hold me back any mooooore!'. Every since Lush hinted that one of their bath bombs was inspired by the Disney sensation, Frozen, I've found myself singing that song over and over again. Funnily enough, while my flatmates are relishing in my newfound 'love' for the song, I am currently fighting the urge to gouge out my ears and feed them to the neighbour's dog. 

Truth be told - I don't think I have found a song as irritating as this one in a good many years, if ever. As you can imagine, I already felt a little resentful towards the bath bomb before I had even removed it from the wrapper, and I was not expecting much from it at all. Imagine my delight then, when I was greeted with a bath bomb that surpassed all of my expectations and has gone on to be one of my favourite bath bombs from Lush. 
Frozen plays the part when it comes to its design - a pale, pearly-blue shell decorated with a darker blue waist band and the faintest hint of lustre on the surface. While it looks exactly how you would imagine a Frozen-inspired bath bomb to look, it definitely surprised me when it came to the scent. 

Containing both grapefruit and neroli oil, this bath bomb has a beautifully-gentle but equally poignant fragrance. The sweetness of the neroli comes through perfectly here - a wonderful fresh floral smell that gives this bath bomb the same scent as the popular Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioner. 

Alongside this is an uplifting, fruity layer of grapefruit that compliments the floral element and gives Frozen such a relaxing, beautiful smell. I happen to think that this product is a perfect springtime bath bomb. The reason I say this is simple - while most people don't enjoy taking baths when the weather is hot, when you do you want something light and uplifting; something that gives off a strong aroma but one not so potent that it's cloying or heavy on the senses. This ballistic is exactly that.

As if the fragrance wasn't impressive enough, the bath bomb is even more exciting in the tub. Upon hitting the water, Frozen immediately begins to fizz - rocking back and forth as it spews out a thick, creamy white foam that spreads out across the surface of the bath. At the same time, the centre of the ballistic opens up and begins to ebb out a beautiful trail of blue foam. 

This explosion of colour goes on for a good ten minutes - creating a blanket that covers most of the surface and turning the water into the most stunning shade of blue I have ever seen from a bath bomb. I'd describe it's colour as almost a dark cyan, which I think is really fitting for the theme of the product. 

While the bath bomb is full of lustre, it doesn't leave a mess on your skin and instead washes away with ease. However, while you're in the tub, the glitter glistens and swirls beneath the surface and gives the water almost a pearl-eque effect. Together, the blue and the lustre offer that icy feel about it - perfectly in-keeping with the Frozen theme.
Despite the lack of oils and butters in this bath bomb, it is incredibly moisturising and my skin felt silky-smooth and radiant when I exited the tub. Furthermore, the bath bomb left a gentle impression on my skin and I was able to pick up subtle bursts of scent for a good hour or so after exiting the tub. 

For a bath bomb that I wasn't wholly bothered about to begin with, Frozen sure did a good job at defrosting my heart and making me fall in love with it. This is a product that I will buy again and again, and I only hope that they make it a permanent member of the range so I can access it a little easier than having to visit the store every few weeks. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide), Perfume, Grapefruit Oil (Citrus paradis), Neroli Oil (Citrus Aurandum

Vegan?: Yes.

2015 Price: £3.75 each.

Year Of Original Release: 2015.

Scent Family:
Frozen Bath Bomb
Frozen Liquid Perfume
Frozen Solid Perfume
Shine So Bright Hair Balm






31 comments

  1. ooh this is one I definitely wanted to try, for the name alone, now I've read this review also for the amazing colours it makes the bath. Great pictures!
    Hayley x
    http://tuesdaymusing.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much lustre in these new products! It's like God has answered my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The water color is to die for. Hopefully it makes it to the states!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a UK only product? Happy Happy Joy Joy is my most favorite scent in all of LUSH. I want these very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At the moment you can only get it at the Oxford Street Store but it should be making its way online very soon!

      Delete
  5. Used this bomb tonight combined with one of the new bath melts, what a result!! If you're going out for an evening or special occasion & want to sparkle this is the combination to use. Even after drying off with a towel, the lustre sticks to the skin because of the oils & leaves you shimmering all over.
    Lovely bathbomb with/without the oils.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty, but I thought it smelled like a cleaning product. Not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing such a informative thoughts about Bath Bomb Display Boxes. Keep sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing. If you need Bath Bomb Display Boxes packaging you must visit us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is informative . I will make sure to be reading your blog more. Visit OXO Packaging for Bath Bomb Packaging Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. nice post about packaging and i would like to share your post more thanks lets read my blog
    When it comes to marketing purposes, custom retail boxes are awesome

    Yes, that's correct. Thank you. Incorporating style, colors, and printing can help you meet all of your marketing needs. In some cases, custom retail boxes can use as a sole marketing tool. You can, however, include this option as part of your marketing strategy in other situations. If you're launching a new product, you'll want to use this marketing tool. As a result, they can only attract customers by using attractive boxes when they are searching for the products they need
    custom box manufacturers

    custom retail boxes

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, this is Mark, I read your blog and I think it covers all possible aspects of the related topic. Here I want to describe my business which is all about Custom Printed Boxes Wholesale.
    Pre Roll Boxes are used to give protection to cigarettes, joints, or any other product. They are available in numerous designing and styling alternatives. Our company supplies the best Pre Roll Packaging in terms of styling of the box, it's clear printing, and custom designing.
    Custom Pre Roll Boxes.
    Blank Cigarette Boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool... A perfect packaging for the frozen bath bombs is Custom Bath Bomb Boxes. I think you should give a try to allure your products in a decent way.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marijuana packaging
    It can allow corporations to execute the laws and rules to be adopted, as well as any additional information and facts that should be noted on Cannabis's state recourse and marijuana packaging laws.

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are growing champions in printing and packaging with global ambitions. We will inspire, promote and succeed your brand with our creative expert team.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Custom Packaging Boxes, Get free Design Support for logo printed boxes and doorstep delievery on all orders Small or Bulk Wholesale orders

    ReplyDelete


  23. Compare the properties of elements in groups 17 question hub and group 18. Make sure to cover the following points: a. What type of elements are found in each...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Get custom bath bomb boxes from CBD Packaging Store at wholesale prices. Use your artwork or quickly customize a design template with CBD Packaging Store. Packaging is the first thing a customer notices. Call us now to place an order with free shipping all over the globe. We are here 24/7 to assist you with packaging solutions.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice post. I am happy after reading the post that you have posted on this blog. Thanks for sharing a wonderful post and hoping to post more.
    Top 8 Curiosities About Packaging that You Don't Know

    ReplyDelete
  26. I appreciate your post thanks for the information. Some products require special packaging solutions that keep their worth and value intact. Custom Gable Boxes Packaging - Wholesale Gable Box Packaging are the best example of it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am delighted to have come upon your helpful and informative article. I hope you will continue to deliver such fruitful information regularly. Tempting, and long-enduring Custom Soap Boxes to boost your brand limelight.

    ReplyDelete


UP