Recently

19 January 2015

The Fabulous Mrs Fox Bubble Bar


I remember purchasing one of these bubble bars back in 2010, when they were available in the shops. Little did I know that Lush would never bring them out again, as had I known, I would have stocked up on a few more to last me through the winter months.

The Fabulous Mrs Fox Bubble Bar has one of the greatest titles for a product ever. As well as playing homage to the amazing Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl, this bubble bar was designed and produced with a clear purpose - to raise awareness and funds for the Hunt Saboteurs Association. With illegal hunting still taking place across the country, Lush are a company doing all that they can to stop fox hunting and ban the sport for good. This product is one of their responses to the cause. 

This product is an attractive one - a pearly-white bubble bar about the same size as a Pop In The Bath. In keeping with it's purpose, this bar has a red paw print etched across the surface and would have set you back a reasonable £2.95 when it was available in the shops. 

To me, this bubble bar has a herbal, minty and slightly floral aroma. First and foremost, the peppermint oil gives Mrs Fox as fresh, sharp mint smell. Underneath this the angelica root oil adds a herbal element which isn't far off what lemongrass would do if it were present. Finally, the combination of perfumes and other oils add a subtle floral fragrance. In a way, it reminds me a little of Freeze Shower Gel, but with a deeper, more complex smell. It's not an overly masculine scent but I can't see fans of the more fruity, candy-like products, being as excited about this as those who prefer the more unique fragrances.   

What I love about this bubble bar is that it's great for when you need a 'pick me up'. If you have a cold or feel slightly run down, this bubble bar helps to freshen up your senses and make you feel so much better. When I was researching some of the ingredients present in this bubble bar, I discovered that angelica roots have been used in Austrian medicine to counteract and cure fever, infections, and flu. I really feel that this ingredient works in a similar way in this product. 

Mrs Fox crumbled relatively easy under the running tap and produces a good amount of bubbles. Although it doesn't change the colour of the water that much, there is a slight hint of red once the water has settled. However, you can barely see this for the mound of bubbles on the surface!
Although I always use a whole bubble bar in my baths, this one could easily be broken in half or even split three ways, and you'd still get a good amount of bubbles from each piece. It wasn't overly moisturising but it did help me to feel really relaxed and the smell stayed on my skin for a while after I left the bath. 

Ultimately, it's a lovely bubble bar that helps to renew the senses and coax away the cobwebs, as well as raise money for an important cause. I hope that Lush bring this one back, not only because my greedy mitts want to store a few for the winter, but so that awareness of such an important cause is continuous. 

Quantitative Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Soya Milk Powder (Glycine soja), Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Citronella Oil (Cymbopogon winterianus), English Peppermint Oil (Mentha piperita), English Angelica Root Oil (Angelica archangelica) Water (Aqua), *Limonene, Colour 14700.

Vegan?: Yes.



No comments

Post a Comment


UP